AC/DC should.........

Custom....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good show Ian!

You win, I'm done with this thread

But before I go

I do somewhat resent being called a Slash whore, I'm a GnR whore.

The only reason I like slash is because he is in that band.

Now he is a fat old sellout, but the dude kicked *** in the 80s

Btw I laughed out loud when I read your post, Axe

Good show Ian!

You win' date=' I'm done with this thread

But before I go

I do somewhat resent being called a Slash whore, I'm a GnR whore.

The only reason I like slash is because he is in that band.

Now he is a fat old sellout, but the dude kicked *** in the 80s

Btw I laughed out loud when I read your post, Axe[/quote']

Oil, I'm not trying to "win" anything.

I have nothing against you, I just want to be clear.

And yeah, Slash was cool.

Here's one for the road:

angus-oilpit.gif

fine' date='

AC/DC is like punk, it has no musical value whatsoever [/quote']

your age and inexperience show here. it's pretty obvious that you are much like others, a spoiled kid who thinks "omfg, i love slash. mommy, buy me a les paul!". and as ian has noted, it is also obvious that you are something of a troll...and while i generally dont feed the troll and in many cases think its funny, i do feel the need to slap my balls right on your face, because when you say something that incredibly retarded, it makes ALL of us that much dumber for reading it.

and why exactly does it lack "musical value?" and who are you to make such a decision? i suppose then that given your age, experience and ability that you find the whole genre of blues and early rock n roll without "musical value" as well? after all, Angus is just a marriage of old school blues and Chuck Berry type rock amped up a notch. interesting notion, blues is worthless.

as for the punk part of the comment and by punk i am going to refer to old school as i know that best, you show once again how uniformed you are. punk served a HUGE purpose in the 70s and 80s. it was musical movement rebelling musically against the dinosaur rock bands like Pink Floyd (hence the simplicity of the songs) and lyrically against society as a whole, but particularly the government...especially the Sex Pistols. All of the bands played a huge part in influencing metal bands, particularly thrash metal. this is easily apparent in the stylings of Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. but i'm guessing that all of those bands are worthless as well...

it is perfectly acceptable to say that you do not like ACDC or punk or anyone else. however to say that a band lacks musical value when it obviously does not really makes you look a wanker.

...regarding oilpit's comment... well I have to say this: I play mostly heavy metal, but, I find AC/DCs songs a lot more difficult to get than most hyper fast metal songs. Those songs are composed of sets of licks those hyper shredders use all the time in different order. That's all. To play AC/DC's songs you have to learn completely different songs and licks, and also understand how the solos are done, which in my case is not easy (it took me a while to understand how Angus plays, and he is a great player IMO).

The use and abuse of power chords... well when done improperly it can be tiresome, but I dont find it boring at all on AC/DCs, their songs are pure rock (again, it's just my opinion). I wouldnt compare them to punk. And even punk is not that bad... what has given punk a bad name is post 80s pseudo-punk played by emos, post-whatevers and nu-thats. That is not punk.

The lyrics... you can't be serious about the lyrics.. some of them have titles that include "rock n roll" ... what's wrong with that? listen to those lyrics, you'll see the escence of rock n roll... what would you like them to write about? they have lyrics about almos everything but guns... oh wait... thunder.... o wait thre too... hey I think I got it! They havent writen about: ambulances, sunflowers, and Oilpit.

While I respect your opinion I agree with Ian.

By the way... I got flamed at MLP for saying Blink 182 sucked big time...

I guess those kids that flamed me would say AC/DC has no musical value...

SUCK... no musical value at all... the first sounds like an insult but in reality is just an opinion (and I think they dont have any musical value... there I said it). The second a shot in the head, you couldn't insult a band more than that, specially one that has made history.

By the way and for the record... at MLP some of those kids told me "how can you talk that way about blink... after ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR MUSIC"... and I have to ask... exactly what did they do for music?

...now AC/DC... oh wait, no, they have no musical value...

AC/DC is simply one of the best interpretations of the Blues applied to timeless Rock n' Roll.

Angus omage to Chuck Berry has never grown old to me, seemengly same formula for years, yes, but they never went into the many bands "experimental years" lameness...in Malcolm's own words: "We have seen bands experienment their heads into their own asses, we don't do that..."

AC/DC could have taken themselves very seriously and built a huge ego long time ago but they never did and I applaud them for that. They keep being the hard rocking goofs they have always been.

Bon Scott was tough act to follow, his death should have killed that band but it did not.

I still listen to AC/DC religiously and I still enjoy the rhythm on songs like Its A Long Way to The Top if you want to Rock and Roll....what other band can make a "play riff 29 times before you play another chord sound so good"? NOBODY that's who...

AC/DC Just plain rocks.

Sure they've thrown out a turd or two, but overall it's a timeless formula that has burned it's mark into the annuls of musical time forever.

I think I'm going go go buy Back in Black again just because I can.

Everyone needs three copies right ?

Smooth Move oillax...

Fenn, before I rebut, I remind you that you are getting pretty worked up about something a 16 year old said over the internet. I would think that adults would have the maturity to let something like that roll off their back...

BUT whatever

here I go

1. As stated above, don't call me a Slash whore

2. I am not a troll, by any stretch of the imagination, do you really think that I posted here just to make you guys mad? Trolls post for the sole purpose of pissing people off, I post here all the time, I state an opinion that you don't agree with once and you call me a troll. Really?

3. Blink 182 does suck

4. I alredy conceded on the AC/DC front, Ian handed me my balls on a silver platter, if you just scroll up a bit you can read the post. I also said that he was right, AC/DC doesn't speak to me, I am sure it takes you guys to rock n roll heaven. I am not going to argue this point anymore.

5. I like Metallica, Slayer, not so much, but I wouldn't say they are worthless, just a little to heavy for me.

i dont know how old you are. you could be 50 pretending to be a 14 year old girl. how would i know? i dont, nor do i care. regardless of your age, if you or anyone else makes some wild *** comment, i will respond. people who run their mouthes will be answered in kind.

do you really think that I posted here just to make you guys mad? Trolls post for the sole purpose of pissing people off

that was the whole point was it not? that is always the point by saying something inflammatory like you did. you could have said "i dont like ACDC." instead you chose the phrase "musically worthless."

I alredy conceded on the AC/DC front, Ian handed me my balls on a silver platter

just because one person called you out doesnt mean everyone else has to lay off. you posted a comment; i posted mine. you don't get to concede.

Wow.. I have to say something here about AC/DC ...I thought I knew it all until my entire family went to see them play in Toronto for the SARS Concert.. there was about 900,000 people there. ...anyway just as they were about to play my husband turned to me and said " check this out " ...... they blew me away and the 900,000 folks that were there ...were just ROCKIN ... they truly are the best Rockin Roll Band in the World. To get the real understanding of them a person must be present in the flesh at a concert...They are coming to Vancouver BC to play ...that concert sold out in 4 minutes ... no lie. Now we are at the mercy of the scalpers... (( LOL ...

Ok. Regarding my comment on Aerosmith. I have to admit that I am a huge Aerosmith fan, and that I have not been to one of their shows since they cleaned up, (got off the drugs and booze).

I'm sure they are a much better show these days, and I would pay to see them, as long as the ticket price was reasonable, but the last time I saw them, they were absolutely terrible.

It was in an arena setting in Maryland. I don't recall the name of the place now, as it was in the early '80s.

They sound was horrible. They were way too stage loud, and so whacked out that they kept getting out of time with each other. So much so, that they had to stop in the middle of a few songs.

I guess that experience has left me with a bad impression of their live shows, hence the reference.

Archived