Gibson Brands Forums

2 Drug enhanced thoughts

Johnt

400mg Ibuprofen every four hours.....

wait two hours and then

500/30 CoCodamol every four hours.

Don't do it for more than a couple of days without easing back to see if the pain has gone.

Love you - but in a manly, and not at all homo-erotic way.

Sis sends love too.

When I used to drink I'd eat codeine and drink Colt 45. I called it the Scott Cocktail. I don't know why I'm alive.

In the spring of 07 when they THOUGHT I had herniated discs and I was pumped full of codeine and valium and couldn't walk without a cane I spent one evening walking around the house in my bathrobe, cane in one hand, handgun in the other, mumbling about getting rid of the pain once and for all. I was told this several days later when I asked why there was a new padlock on my gun locker.

Nowadays I can barely take a baby aspirin without getting sick.

When I used to drink I'd eat codeine and drink Colt 45. I called it the Scott Cocktail. I don't know why I'm alive.

In the spring of 07 when they THOUGHT I had herniated discs and I was pumped full of codeine and valium and couldn't walk without a cane I spent one evening walking around the house in my bathrobe' date=' cane in one hand, handgun in the other, mumbling about getting rid of the pain once and for all. I was told this several days later when I asked why there was a new padlock on my gun locker.

Nowadays I can barely take a baby aspirin without getting sick.[/quote']

That doesn't sound good!

I tried to fit herniated discs on a Volvo 850R but they snagged the wheels!

Have a great weekend KSD!

Your Dove is making good money, "but we don't want to give you that"

2 days left to make $2K?

Ehh... I'm in profit mode right now so I'm cool. I don't have GAS so there's not really any panic.

Tell you what mate

If I could do to a beat up guitar what you did to that Dove, I'd be so FFFFFF proud I wouldn't care what it made!

What a job!

Lots of water and sleep old chap. But not together....................it's dangerous...................and you might drown so wear your arm bands if you're at all worried.

Please note the above does not constitute medical advice in any way shape or form. If you need medical advice, consult your doctor - this is the last place to come with a headache!

Johnt old sticky, innit.....

Don't piss around with paracetamol. In the absence of gearbasher's morphine pump:-

30/500 or 500/30 Co-Codamol is 30mg Codeine and 500mg Paracetamol (Solpadol is the same thing by another name).

But you can only take one every four hours to 4gram total a day - so you hit the pain again inbetween the four hour doses with an Ibuprofen..... Brufen as was, Nurofen, Motrin or Advil as is - 400mg non-scrip. They say 1200mg daily is the limit - which is why the first pain killer is Co-Codamol.

This regime will keep most things at bay (2x prolapsed disc, occasional hip-gyp and the old arm injury after too much guitar) and should knock your bonce-ache back to a dull thud or even better. I have done a month on it before now with no problems.

Hope it clears soon mate.....

The school system here vacuums - if you can't do it, teach it.

17 years a BioMedical Engineer at Bart's (London teaching hospital) where I couldn't get enough science. Whilst there I was moonlighting making and mending stuff for the music business.

About the same length of time doing IT as a systems admin for the county's (then) largest employer, BT and subsequently freelance as an IT consultant.

And I soak up information from everywhere - listen to the people who know stuff and squeeze every last drop of info out of them, read voraciously and tend toward factual or reference books these days, having covered a shed load of fiction in earlier years.

It's a curse, I should keep my mouth shut really, make my life a lot easier, but when I see others about to slip up, I have to point out the banana skin. Usually just gets me abuse, but I can't just let it be..... tempting though it is sometimes.

The worst is when personal experience allows you to warn somebody of a potential pratfall you can see coming, but they just throw it back at you..... and then hit the ground bouncing badly.

Oh - and no doctor would suggest that painkiller regimen, that's personal experimentation following a motor-bike accident back in the day.

Archived