Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk wiring diagram wanted

rednefceleb

I'm looking for an Epiphone wiring diagram for The Nighthawk. If anyone knows where a link may be, please let me know. Thanks.

Not sure if one is out there. But it is basically a 3 pup diagram with a 5 way switch and push-pull pots. Try www.guitarelectronics.com They have diagrams for a strat that should work. Just use push-pull pots to coil tap the bridge.

I have done the nighthawk idea on a guitar but went one step further and did the bridge added in with the neck mod that folks like on the strat. It truly was a work-horse when it came to pups voicing options.

I hope this helped.

It's simple. The 5 way is wired like a strat, the tone control is global so the wire goes to the volume pot terminal, the same one the wire from the 5 ways goes too, and the DPDT switch is used to switch the coil taps. That switch would be wired with the 2 bottom terminals wired together and grounded, then solder each pickups middle 2 wires that are soldered together to the middle terminals. Like this...

Lets say 1 and 4 are the terminals closest to the pot. Wire 1 and 4 together and to ground. Use 2 and 5 for the pickup's middle connection, the 2 wires from each pickup that are soldered together.

It's a very basic wiring scheme.

Archived