Gibson Guitar Board: 1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard

#1 User is offline   srslots 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

Hello all, this is my first post. I am a life long Strat player but have recently gotten the LP bug. It will compliment my Strat perfectly for the band I am in. That being said I have found a used 1990 Standard for sale used at what seems to be a reasonable price ($1500).

I am going to play it in person. I wanted to see if there was anything good or bad I should know about the 1990 Standard. If there is any good feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   rocketman 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSomewhere in Space

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hello all, this is my first post. I am a life long Strat player but have recently gotten the LP bug. It will compliment my Strat perfectly for the band I am in. That being said I have found a used 1990 Standard for sale used at what seems to be a reasonable price ($1500).

I am going to play it in person. I wanted to see if there was anything good or bad I should know about the 1990 Standard. If there is any good feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't own one from that time but maybe this website can help you: Les Paul Guide. They are pretty much the same as the pre-2008 versions with weight relief holes. The key questions are the type of pickups and 50's vs. 60's neck. Hope you join the LP club! Found this for a comparison: 1990 Les Paul.
'09 Gibson ES-339 Figured Top
'08 Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus
'05 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'81 Gibson Sonex-180 Custom
'10 PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 24
'06 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster
'07 Taylor 310CE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric
'11 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

My Gibson Guitars

Other Guitars

#3 User is offline   Bram 

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

You can't beat a well played-in, aged Les Paul.
Solid body

#4 User is offline   Thundergod 

• Big shark

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:18 AM

Make sure it is not a fake before buying it man... you can find plenty of info about that in here.

#5 User is offline   KSG_Standard 

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Hey, I have 2 1990 LP Standards, mine are from the Limited Colours Edition series, the only thing that means is that they have special translucent colours. I have several Gibson guitars and the 2 from 1990 are very well built and finished and they are excellent players. I don't know if they are chambered or not, one of mine weighs 10.2 lbs and the other is 9.9 lbs.

Here is one of them...

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users