Gibson Brands Forums

1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard

srslots

Hello all, this is my first post. I am a life long Strat player but have recently gotten the LP bug. It will compliment my Strat perfectly for the band I am in. That being said I have found a used 1990 Standard for sale used at what seems to be a reasonable price ($1500).

I am going to play it in person. I wanted to see if there was anything good or bad I should know about the 1990 Standard. If there is any good feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all' date=' this is my first post. I am a life long Strat player but have recently gotten the LP bug. It will compliment my Strat perfectly for the band I am in. That being said I have found a used 1990 Standard for sale used at what seems to be a reasonable price ($1500).

I am going to play it in person. I wanted to see if there was anything good or bad I should know about the 1990 Standard. If there is any good feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks![/quote']

I don't own one from that time but maybe this website can help you: Les Paul Guide. They are pretty much the same as the pre-2008 versions with weight relief holes. The key questions are the type of pickups and 50's vs. 60's neck. Hope you join the LP club! Found this for a comparison: 1990 Les Paul.

Hey, I have 2 1990 LP Standards, mine are from the Limited Colours Edition series, the only thing that means is that they have special translucent colours. I have several Gibson guitars and the 2 from 1990 are very well built and finished and they are excellent players. I don't know if they are chambered or not, one of mine weighs 10.2 lbs and the other is 9.9 lbs.

Here is one of them...

P1010167.jpg

Archived