Gibson Brands Forums

Tronical Tune

niemepet

That is very, very interesting. So, if I'm understanding this, they've shrunk the robot system to the point that it can all fit on the headstock. No more need for the body electronics? Is this available or a pie in the sky kind of project? Any rumors about the price? I think I need 10 of these.

Greg

[thumbup] This actually sounds like we are getting somewhere! Get rid of the clunky system we have and put on a system that is not dependant on MCK and Ribbon Cables and Ceramic tailpiece. It is self contained and you can upgrade the rest of the guitar guts with standard guitar parts and electronics. Use any PUPs and pots.

I discovered this a while back as well. I'm very interested in retrofitting some of my guitars, but I'm concerned that Gibson will not allow Tronical to sell these separately. Has anyone seen any information on availability and where to buy these?

From the vids this looks like a dream system. In one of the vids he manual detuned and he didn't have to pull out the keys, just turned. It's very fast, still has the locking tuners. Only question is the battery.

There is a removable, rechargeable battery in the control unit on the headstock.

• 3 months later...

Archived