Gibson Brands Forums

First Album Ever?

zachd33

I know I can remember the first album I bought, It was Guns N' Roses Appitite for Destruction. Everytime I hear a song from that album it brings back great memories. Great album. So the question is what was the first cd, tape, 8-track, album, or whatever they were called when u bought them, that you bought. And how do you feel when you listen to it?

Way too long ago to remember, but I would venture to guess it was probably the Beatles "Let It Be". I think they had already announced their breakup so it was known that it would be their last album. Still have it, and all my other vinyl for that matter.

The first album (45's before that) was a double purchase Ted Nugent and Seals and Crofts Unborn Child. I know very different but it was 1975 and I had Two main goals that year since I was in the eight grade, first was playing rock on a guitar which Nugent helped with and second was getting somewhere with the first "SERIOUS" girlfriend and Seals and Croft helped with that. :D

Edit

Surfpup - Kiss alive was the third probably a month later I used to fall asleep listening to kiss with headphones on - **** no wonder I'm deaf!!!

I know I can remember the first album I bought' date=' It was Guns N' Roses Appitite for Destruction. Everytime I hear a song from that album it brings back great memories. Great album. So the question is what was the first cd, tape, 8-track, album, or whatever they were called when u bought them, that you bought. And how do you feel when you listen to it?[/quote']

Sure you can remember. LOL! How long ago did you buy your first album? :D

The first albums I bought were for a membership to a record club so there were several of them. I can only remember a couple of them; one was Johnny Horton's greatest hits, another was Peter, Paul and Mary in Concert. That would have been in 1962.

The first album I remember my mom getting me was Beach Boys Endless Summer. I actually can't remember the last time I've heard a Beach Boys song, but I'm sure I get very nostalgic when I hear one.

The first album I bought for myself was probably a KISS album. Maybe Double Platinum? Or maybe Van Halen II?

Come on! Am I the only one who started out with a lame disco album?

Mine was not lame disco, but close - Elton John's greatest hits (I'm emarassed to say).

Probably the first or one of the first albums I bought when I started earning my own money was something like Al DiMeola's "Land of the Midnight Sun" or something by Jean Luc Ponty or Chicago at Carnige Hall.

On the other hand, my first 8-track tapes were - The Yardbirds with Eric Clapton and Led Zep II - I hated that it switched tracks in the middle of Ramble on; I still wait for the switch every time I hear it.

My first album was Heart - Little Queen. The opening riff of Barracuda still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

To expand this theme further, what was the first concert/gig you ever saw? To get the ball rolling, my first was The Pretenders at The Capital Theatre in Sydney in 81 or 82, the original line up.

Archived