Gibson Brands Forums

LPS 2012

Kineman Karma

G'day Ya'll,

Is it fair to assume that the neck profile on the new 2012 LPS is the same if not similar to that of a 61RISG.

Any help is appreciated because in the land of OZ, it takes forever for stock to land here. Otherwise I woudl test drive one.

Cheers.

It's a non symetrical neck that is thinner on the treble side than the bass side. It ia also less flat toward the nut than the bridge. I think its a 10" at the nut and a 16" at the 12th fret. Way cool to play.

This LP rocks big time. Best Standard they have ever made IMHO.

I can tell you the profile on my 61 reissue is thinner than that of my 2012 Standard. But, they are both that "60s" profile. I enjoy playing the Standard much more. The radius on the fretboard is so comfortable.

You will not be disappointed by the 2012 Standard. I did have to return and re-order a new one as the first one arrived with a crooked bridge.

I can tell you the profile on my 61 reissue is thinner than that of my 2012 Standard. But, they are both that "60s" profile. I enjoy playing the Standard much more. The radius on the fretboard is so comfortable.

You will not be disappointed by the 2012 Standard. I did have to return and re-order a new one as the first one arrived with a crooked bridge.

I can't see how they can leave the factory with the problems I see on here.

I can't see how they can leave the factory with the problems I see on here.

I believe the retailers overseas are a bit more discerning on what they will accept from Gibson.

No matter how low I set the stop bar, the E still cleared the back of the bridge. I thought this was great at first, until I noticed the string action was changing with saddle adjustments.

IMAG0088.jpg

According to the specs I've seen the 2008 LPS has an "asymmetrical neck" with a 12" fretboard radius, while the 2012 LPS has a "asymmetrical 60s slim taper" neck with a 10"-16" compound fretboard radius. I prefer the compound radius.

560370.jpg

Archived