Gibson Brands Forums

Amp advice

Bongoscot

How do you like the valve junior?

There is one local for short money and I thought it might be cool to have a second amp

NHTom

Its great. It is sort of a one trick pony but it does that trick very well. If you like simple it doesn't get any better. Nice clean, breaks up nicely at higher volume. No effects loop so pedals have to go in the front. I would buy it again without hesitation.

• 1 year later...
1339493521[/url]' post='1212089']

If you are looking to practice at home and perhaps play with some friends with a drummer a Fender G Dec 30 kicks booty. Similar to the Fender Mustang series mentioned above.

I wont go into all the features but I own loads of tube amps but all I use at home is this full featured modelling amp. Comes with loads of great sounding backing tracks and preset amps You can also download a Blues, Country, Metal, or use the factory presets which has a lot of variety. Jazz to shread and just about everything in between.

Check it out online. I also own a bOSS mICRO cUBE AND A vOX da5. This thing is all I use and I have been playing for over 40 years.

The Deluxe Reverb, Marshall JMP and Fender Blues Deville are gathering dust. Best amp to practice with.

I know I have to many high end amps to even mention and the amp,that get all the action...my peavey vypyr..go figure.. I guess they are right..if it to loud...yer to old...so much for my JCM 800...mellow.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The amp ive been using allows me sync with an app suited for android or IOS, Roland’s CUBE-GX series has become the benchmark in compact amps since its introduction in 2013. The newest family member, the CUBE-10GX, packs the sweet tone and onboard effects you expect from a CUBE into a very small size that’s perfect for bedroom practice and jamming with friends.

Archived