Gibson Brands Forums

Amps and PA's

ekkg1

Hi,

Hi,

Once a week I get together with two other guitarist, we all have low voices, so cutting through the guitars is difficult. If I had the bucks, I would buy one of those Bose L1 Model II systems. I have done a little research but I'm just not sure what would be a good solution. I thought about the California Blonde, with a small mixer and three mics. Do you think that would work? If nothing else, I would like to find a setup just for me to amplify the guitar and my voice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

I was just about to post a similar question when I saw this.

I guess, depending on your budget and what you intend to use the gear for, you may do well with a cheap PA or a decent acoustic amp. If you are just playing around the house for fun you could get a PA for a few hundred and run both guitars into that with vocals and you should be okay.

I have found that all of the current systems, mics work reasonably well for simply acoustically plugging in and for voice. Where they begin to get different is in terms of how big of a venue you'll be playing at. Then, having enough power, volume, and minimal distortion to fill the room, cut through noise in the room, or project outdoors where the sound system can't use the room's acoustics or utilize walls and the ceiling or floor...begin to significantly figure in. Using a monitor to hear what you're playing also figures into the equation, especially except for maybe playing in a small closed room with the speaker(s) behind you or facing you.

QM

Archived