Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul V.O.S. 1958 Plain Top ebony.

Mats A

Hello there!

Recently i tried a 2011 made Gibson Les Paul V.O.S. 1958 Plain Top ebony in a music store that i knew i had to have. So i bought it the day after. After i while i read in another forum that a guy had bought a similar guitar here in Sweden and he discovered it had Classic 57´s instead of Burstbuckers. The guitar is on the Luthman (swedish agent for Gibson)web site and there it says it has Burstbuckers. Wonder why Gibson put Classic 57´s on some guitars?

Also how come the adjustable things on the bridge the ones on the low E and A strings are turned one way and the other the opposite way on these older reissues?

post-45404-067686000 1342270413_thumb.jpg

An R8 in black is a concept so cool that such elements of style and grace could not help but be reflected by the owner of one, resulting in a minimum level of hipness observed beyond the average man.

An R8 would have the origonal vintage-type ABR-1 bridge, which is narrower and has less travel for the saddles than a "Nashville" type bridge. It is common to have to reverse the saddles on some of the strings to achieve correct intonation.

• 1 month later...

I wanted one too and actually had my hands on one. It sold at a local music store for 1800 a few years back. It was a 1998 and had 57's. Could have been an older model u saw. The back was butterscotch and had mentioned this guitar in previous posts. Now I have a rare 1958 reissue Goldtop. Total win but I still want a black one too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice! I just got a really nice black 2003 Historic R8 LP . It was a custom order from a collector here in Sweden via Wildwood Guitars. It was ordered with a 59 neck profile and R9 Specific wood as well as an LIGHT EBONY fretboard... All black. Killer guitar! 3,6kg

post-24771-087762100 1408018569_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Nice! I just got a really nice black 2003 Historic R8 LP . It was a custom order from a collector here in Sweden via Wildwood Guitars. It was ordered with a 59 neck profile and R9 Specific wood as well as an LIGHT EBONY fretboard... All black. Killer guitar! 3,6kg

Nice guitar

Archived