Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES-339: Nut and String Gauge question

Memphis Soul

That sounds like a good question for the folks at Gibson/Epiphone, the experts. I also have a 339 and would like to know why you want to go larger that 10s? I can see maybe going 11s which would work fine in the 339 nut, but are you thinking bigger than that?

That sounds like a good question for the folks at Gibson/Epiphone, the experts. I also have a 339 and would like to know why you want to go larger that 10s? I can see maybe going 11s which would work fine in the 339 nut, but are you thinking bigger than that?

No bigger than .11's - I just wondered if the nut was really tight in that 6th string slot. I've had epi's before that couldn't take an .11 without filing.

Your Right Gordy, and with the experience i have had with my 339 and from what i have read on other 339's, if your going to change the strings, you might go ahead and have the fret's leveled, that's what i'm going to do the next time i change my strings, I think there is an issue with the frets on these, but maybe it's just me.

Archived