• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High-pitched headphone noise?

#21 User is offline   joey74 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

So I'm experiencing the same noise/static when starting the unit and then when nothing is playing I raise the volume of my sears and hear the background noise/static through my speakers and my headphones as well. Is there any new resolution to fix this problem or not? Besides that the unit is a pretty good.

#22 User is offline   JayRom 

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Unfortunately there is no solution to fix this problem.
And above all, don't rely on Stanton/Gibson to find a solution !! They don't care about it.

My unit has been sent back to Stanton via my reseller.
I'm currently waiting for a new unit (it was impossible to replace it with a controller of another brand :-( )

#23 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Stanton Ambassadors
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostGoran G, on 29 January 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

somebody already tried using external power (besides usb) and it didn't help at all. I read this somewhere although cannot remember where.

My conclusion is - if this problem is easy to solve (firmware update or else) I guess stanton would have already told us. It's their forum and they read it (and sometimes delete unwanted posts :) )

Maybe it would be useful to contact Voxoa - the real producer of the unit?

Voxoa doesn't make it-they are a buyer of the unit, just like everyone else. Only difference is that they provided no customization, unlike Stanton who at least did some custom work to the software.
-Former- Stanton Product Manager
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#24 User is offline   SoundInsurgent 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Sell the C4 and go with the VOXOA C60....... way better and no high pitched sounds.....

What do you mean custom work to the software?? There is absolutely NO difference in the software that comes with the C4 or the C60, both are VDJ.....

#25 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Stanton Ambassadors
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostSoundInsurgent, on 05 April 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Sell the C4 and go with the VOXOA C60....... way better and no high pitched sounds.....

What do you mean custom work to the software?? There is absolutely NO difference in the software that comes with the C4 or the C60, both are VDJ.....

So, are you telling me that all that time I spent doing a VDJ map that had fader FX and 3 FX controls was nothing? Did I imagine it? Are you telling me that the work that VDJ did to make a skin that had 3 visable FX processors was imagined? Voxoa has an off the shelf version of VDJ in the box, and most companies that put VDJ in the box are not taking the time to add extra features, just do a skin that has the basic 3 hot cues/1 effect mapping.

At the end of the day, I left Stanton a few months ago-I have zero vested interest if you sit here and act like a troll. In fact, I will happily tell you to buy the Voxoa C60, if you can find it. In fact, while your at it buy an Akyama Tempus. Guess what? Same product. It isn't like Voxoa had any more involvement with the design, but it is easy to assume so when you don't know the facts and just jump to conclusions.

Yay internet!
-Former- Stanton Product Manager
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users