Gibson Guitar Board: Whats On Your Mind Today? Thread. - Gibson Guitar Board

• (423 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats On Your Mind Today? Thread.

#8441 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 AM

All this talk about health. Glad everyone is doing ok now and that's some serious stuff. My mom is back in the hospital again. She was sick. I could tell she wasn't feeling good when Deb and I took Grayson over to see her. I guess when she woke up, she was nauseating and pukeing up. Still has the heart issues and the drop of blood pressure from her new medication I guess caused an Kidney infection from what the doctor told her. Creatine levels are Triple from what they should be and their very concerned about her kidneys right now. Can't do any thing for her heart till they get the kidneys stabilized with better numbers. So combine her mini heart attack, blockage in he back of her heart and neck, enlarged heart and 4 leaky heart valves and kidney failure, she won't be going home from the hospital this time. Talk to her and she says: "Don't worry, I'm fine!" So I'll probably be on and off here different days and spending time up at the hospital. Woke up at 3:00 am. And couldn't go back to sleep.
Herman

#8442 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 AM

View PostRetired, on 25 March 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

All this talk about health. Glad everyone is doing ok now and that's some serious stuff. My mom is back in the hospital again. She was sick. I could tell she wasn't feeling good when Deb and I took Grayson over to see her. I guess when she woke up, she was nauseating and pukeing up. Still has the heart issues and the drop of blood pressure from her new medication I guess caused an Kidney infection from what the doctor told her. Creatine levels are Triple from what they should be and their very concerned about her kidneys right now. Can't do any thing for her heart till they get the kidneys stabilized with better numbers. So combine her mini heart attack, blockage in he back of her heart and neck, enlarged heart and 4 leaky heart valves and kidney failure, she won't be going home from the hospital this time. Talk to her and she says: "Don't worry, I'm fine!" So I'll probably be on and off here different days and spending time up at the hospital. Woke up at 3:00 am. And couldn't go back to sleep.

Mate you know what I think from our conversations but you are certainly on my mind a lot and will be right through this.

Stay strong for Mum and your family Butch.

#8443 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Anarchy is Malarky
  • LocationI wish I knew

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Retired said:

1490432656[/url]' post='1844372']

Keeping you and your mom in prayer. Jesus is the greatest physician.
Authority on everything Expert on none

#8444 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Anarchy is Malarky
  • LocationI wish I knew

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Digger said:

1490408049[/url]' post='1844323']
Really glad you are still with us mate.

I never discount anything in life or death as it happens. My lack of knowledge is appalling low in the overall scheme of things and i'm always ready to learn something new.

The Good Lord has a plan for me that's why I'm still here. What it is,is a mystery to me. In the meantime I'll just keep plugging along.
Pray,hope,don't worry-Padre Pio the Stigmatist
Authority on everything Expert on none

#8445 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

I dunno if I've mentioned it before but I have a lot of trouble sleeping, and fairly often!

I can go to bed at 10 and be wide awake by 1 am. Then I lie there awake and finally get 30 minutes or even an hour after 5.30. That gives me between 3 and 4 hours a night which isn't enough for me.

The last 2 nights I've used my meditating skills before I go to sleep, firstly reducing my level of consciousness down a little so suggestions will take root, then telling myself that I'm going to quickly go into a deep sleep and stay asleep all night. If I have to get up for the toilet then I won't wake up fully, and go back to sleep when I get into bed again.

For the last two nights I've slept like a top! ! have got up about 5.30 to go to the toilet and gone back to sleep again, I've just got up at 7.30 which is the latest I've slept 'till for ages.

I've been up for almost 20 minutes and as still so sleepy that every second word I type needs correction. I reckon if I lay down I'd be straight back to the same dream which is still vivid in my mind.

Bloody amazing!

#8446 User is offline   Pinch 

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Same here, Digger.

I never succumbed to caffeine except for when absolutely necessary, either. (I was always amazed that Lars Ulrich never drank coffee - everyone I've ever known with ADD have been coffee junkies.)

I'm Mr. "if I don't have shxt to do the next day, I can sleep for 24 hours straight. If I have things to do, nix that. If I'm looking FORWARD to something, I can't sleep at all". Basically, when I need to sleep I can't, and vice versa.

#8447 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

View PostPinch, on 25 March 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Same here, Digger.

I never succumbed to caffeine except for when absolutely necessary, either. (I was always amazed that Lars Ulrich never drank coffee - everyone I've ever known with ADD have been coffee junkies.)

I'm Mr. "if I don't have shxt to do the next day, I can sleep for 24 hours straight. If I have things to do, nix that. If I'm looking FORWARD to something, I can't sleep at all". Basically, when I need to sleep I can't, and vice versa.

I don't usually have caffeine either unless I've got a very long drive ahead and then I don' sleep that night.

It's so annoying having sleep problems I agree.

#8448 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Mr. Gibson said:

1490457931[/url]' post='1844433']
Keeping you and your mom in prayer. Jesus is the greatest physician.

Thanks Jim amd Rob! I used to teach 2 different Bible studies and Children's church at 2 different churches. So far, mom is holding on to her faith and has good spirits.

Mr. Gibson said:

1490458551[/url]' post='1844436']
The Good Lord has a plan for me that's why I'm still here. What it is,is a mystery to me. In the meantime I'll just keep plugging along.
Pray,hope,don't worry-Padre Pio the Stigmatist

He does with me too, what? I have no idea. I used to go out preaching with Christ community when I went there.

Digger said:

1490475161[/url]' post='1844476']
I dunno if I've mentioned it before but I have a lot of trouble sleeping, and fairly often!

I can go to bed at 10 and be wide awake by 1 am. Then I lie there awake and finally get 30 minutes or even an hour after 5.30. That gives me between 3 and 4 hours a night which isn't enough for me.

The last 2 nights I've used my meditating skills before I go to sleep, firstly reducing my level of consciousness down a little so suggestions will take root, then telling myself that I'm going to quickly go into a deep sleep and stay asleep all night. If I have to get up for the toilet then I won't wake up fully, and go back to sleep when I get into bed again.

For the last two nights I've slept like a top! ! have got up about 5.30 to go to the toilet and gone back to sleep again, I've just got up at 7.30 which is the latest I've slept 'till for ages.

I've been up for almost 20 minutes and as still so sleepy that every second word I type needs correction. I reckon if I lay down I'd be straight back to the same dream which is still vivid in my mind.

Bloody amazing!

When I had all that ringing in my ears for 2 decade day and night I couldn't ever sleep. Lucky if I got 3 or 4 hours sleep and went to work. A lot of times I pulled a double shift from 3:30 pm to 7:00 am. I did double shifts at Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Railroads. Went on derailments cutting up cars from first light till dusk. And 3 hours of sleep lots of times. Can remember working at UP full time, going to college and doing a Bible Study and zero sleep for two days and nights. Thought I was going to pass out sometimes I was so tired.then when that tinnitus finally went away, I finally started sleeping much better. But I had lots of nights just like yours Rob. I used to have to get up and pee about 4 times a night. That prostate pill the doc gave me has really helped that. Now I stay up at least till midnight and sleep till 8:00 Not much going on till then anyway.

Herman

Share this topic:

• (423 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users