• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats On Your Mind Today? Thread.

#8981 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Work while you still can
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 AM

It really greened up here after all the rain came,hard to believe the grass came back to looking like spring. Someone came here looking at a 1979 GMC I had parked in my junkyard,they didn't make an offer so I hooked the battery cables to see if it would turn over,it did. Then I got a 20# tank of propane and put some in the propane tank on the truck,gave it a shot of ether to prime it up,it fired up and ran a bit rough because of vacuum leaks and the propane hoses were leaking but I could drive to the shop where I went to work on it for a few days fixing lights,replacing hoses,fixing brakes and everything else you can think of. Got a few hundred bucks tied up in it but now have another propane powered truck to use around here. I had parked it 11 years ago because it was running crappy because of all the vacuum and propane leaks and didn't have time to mess with it because we were farming quite a bit at that time. Now I have a 1974,1988,&1995 Ford trucks and 1974,1979 and 2006 GMC trucks also have 1969,1976,&1983 Chevrolet trucks. Never can have too many trucks you know.

#8982 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 22 August 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

It really greened up here after all the rain came,hard to believe the grass came back to looking like spring. Someone came here looking at a 1979 GMC I had parked in my junkyard,they didn't make an offer so I hooked the battery cables to see if it would turn over,it did. Then I got a 20# tank of propane and put some in the propane tank on the truck,gave it a shot of ether to prime it up,it fired up and ran a bit rough because of vacuum leaks and the propane hoses were leaking but I could drive to the shop where I went to work on it for a few days fixing lights,replacing hoses,fixing brakes and everything else you can think of. Got a few hundred bucks tied up in it but now have another propane powered truck to use around here. I had parked it 11 years ago because it was running crappy because of all the vacuum and propane leaks and didn't have time to mess with it because we were farming quite a bit at that time. Now I have a 1974,1988,&1995 Ford trucks and 1974,1979 and 2006 GMC trucks also have 1969,1976,&1983 Chevrolet trucks. Never can have too many trucks you know.

Well "Truck" me!

#8983 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Never owned a pickup truck but would love to have one. Maybe when Deb gets her Outback payed off? Well today I heard that our daughter in laws sisters little girl, Claire got lice in her hair from playing with a friend and infected our son and his wife, both their kids, Claire's brother and sister and her mom and dad and grandma Gael as they were all around her. Only Grandpa Mark didn't get it as his hair is very short. So they all had to go in and get treated with kits and before Mark and Gayle flew back to Michigan. They had to clean two houses and wash all the clothes, bedding and clean clean clean! Great thing we didn't have Grayson Monday or Tuesday. Ha!
Herman

Share this topic:

• (450 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users