• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats On Your Mind Today? Thread.

#9441 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Work while you still can
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Helped my friend sort his bison a few weeks ago. You'll never get the wild outta those animals,that was downright dangerous sorting to say the least. I've seen horseflies but never saw a gatefly before. The fn buffalo dug his horns in a 6 ft solid wooden gate and was running down the alleyway with the gate stuck to his horns,couldn't even see the buffalo just the gate going.

#9442 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 12 November 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Helped my friend sort his bison a few weeks ago. You'll never get the wild outta those animals,that was downright dangerous sorting to say the least. I've seen horseflies but never saw a gatefly before. The fn buffalo dug his horns in a 6 ft solid wooden gate and was running down the alleyway with the gate stuck to his horns,couldn't even see the buffalo just the gate going.

Ha! And you blokes reckon its dangerous in Oz!

Our gates never go on a rampage....well hardly ever~

#9443 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

There is a zoo at Pawtucket Rhode Island that , when I was a youngster had a Bison there , in a fenced in "corral " . I was about 10 or 11. The thing charged at me , "full bore" , while I was standing there looking at it , no harassment , at all. It bounced off the triple thick chain link fence , turned around , shook itself off , and did it again . I ran away , and went to the "duck pond" . Less angry beasts there :) I remember going to another zoo near Quebec City Canada , when I was about 12 . The Rhinoceros there , charged at me too...lol what is it about me ? Rhino's don't like me :( I never did anything , but look at them :( ; lol :( Those things have big horns indeed , I wouldn't want to get poked in the butt by one of those , at all ...indeed :( :(

lol
:) :( :) :)

#9444 User is offline   eggs 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:10 AM

Thatís a cryiní funny image Mr G 🤣
Stuart

1998 Epiphone (Unsung) Ripper Bass - 'Crazy Chester'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) 'fenderish' Nighthawk - 'The Vulture'
1999 Epiphone (Samick) Sheraton- 'Honey'
2000 Epiphone (Samick Indonesia) AJ-100- 'Big Red'
2000(?) Lobo Mini G- 'The Mystery Midget'
1998 Epiphone Electar Tube 30 Combo
1999 Epiphone Regent Bass 50 Combo
Vox AC4TV Head & V112TV Cabinet
Yamaha P70 Electric Piano
Tascam DP-03 Portastudio

Recently Separated:
1995 Epiphone (Samick) Non Reverse Thunderbird Bass - 'The Weirdbird'
1997 Epiphone (Samick) Les Paul Junior - 'Junior' - Signed by The Man Himself
2007 Epiphone (QingDao) G400 Flame Top-'QingDao Lass' - Too young, but oh so pretty!
1981 Ibanez AR100BS Artist- 'Baby'
1981 Ibanez Ragtime Special w/ Barcus Berry Underbridge PUP
1994 Fender (MIJ) Telecaster - 'The Black Sheep'
Marshall G80RCD 80 watt Combo - I just needed some valves!

Lust List:
A mid 1990s 'Blondie' Rivoli Bass with a Big Fat Mudbucker

#9445 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

It is a very "grey day" here . Cold and "overcast" , cloudy :( :) :( I strummed a few things and hope you all don't mind me posting . And , as always :) thanks for taking the time :)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1Xx08xZgapc

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0iLPpY2gJmc

peace :)

Zenith :)

#9446 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:06 PM

With a warm day here Iíd better get up the shed early or I wonít get anything done. It was too hot up there yesterday to work.

I left my darn mobile on the checkout counter at a hardware store yesterday. Realised some time later, went back and theyíd put it aside for me. Should have got a red case, not black as my poor eyes can't see black on black. Sigh....getting old~ I ordered a phone case from China the other day so I can have it secure even when Iím on the tractor or mower, that leaves my hands free when in town too. Itís about time, as Iíve lost it 3 times now and might be pushing my luck relying on arthritic hands to keep it secure any longer.

Speaking of seeing, I have an appointment at the optometristís this arvo for an upgrade to the lens in my glasses. Maybe I'll be able to see my phone after that?

I also bought a new deep cycle battery for my boat, to run the trolling motor. Gonna ditch the marine battery and run 2 deep cycle. To do that I need to pull the other battery from the bow and mount the two together at the stern behind the seat which means running cable under the deck to the trolling motor up the front. Iíll fit ďAndersonĒ connectors so I can take the motor off for security. I had too much weight up the front as it was! Gotta get ready for Mallacoota trips...if only the wind would stop blowing....sigh.

Been talking to Milo these last few days and heís a bit unhappy that heís wrenched his shoulder and is in a heap of pain. Heís got a problem with one hand too.

Good vibes needed there friends please.

#9447 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Good vibes and prayers headed Milos way. I was feeling like crap the last few days,must of picked up Mara's stomach flu. Feel much better today. You never know how sick you were til you start feeling better. Going to put a new 500 watt heater in one of my cattle fountains today,it's going to be in the 40's today so a good day to do it.

#9448 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Digger said:

1510552079[/url]' post='1892125']
Ha! And you lokes reckon its dangerous in Oz!

We need to introduce bison in Oz. there used to be 65 million running around the country here but they got hunted down to near extinction. I think there are now about 1 million now,500,000 in the wild and 500,000 in captivity. So the guy told me who bought my friends bison.

#9449 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 14 November 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

We need to introduce bison in Oz. there used to be 65 million running around the country here but they got hunted down to near extinction. I think there are now about 1 million now,500,000 in the wild and 500,000 in captivity. So the guy told me who bought my friends bison.

Might pass on that one thanks Jim as we have every other bloody introduced animal here ruining the landscape, donít need any more!

Besides I reckon theyís cook here in summer!

#9450 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

My Bosch battery drill died on me yesterday just when I really needed it! I reckon itís only 18 months old and it cost something like $300. I paid that thinking I might get a drill that lasted a bit longer, but price is no guarantee of quality it seems. I was in town getting new lens in my glasses and afterwards picked up a Makita drill with a 3 year warranty for a couple of hundred dollars. It will be the batteries that go before the warranty ends and they will be half the price of the drill so they get you either way. Bloody planned obsolescence!

I donít do a lot of work with a drill but you have to have one, so what do you do?

Iím only able to work outside until lunchtime these days and then come in in a lather of sweat and totally buggered! Sign of things to come.

Big year! New tractor AND a new battery drill all within a few months...Grin~

#9451 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

Mr. Gibson said:

1510544226[/url]' post='1892120']

I would have loved to see that one. I watched a video way back of a guy getting way too close to one in S.D. Filming it and the Bison hit him once with his horns sending him flying up a tree. Some people think there tamed.

Digger said:

1510552079[/url]' post='1892125']
Ha! And you lokes reckon its dangerous in Oz!

It is dangerous here too. Think more people get hurt here thinking they can photo shoot them too close or feed them. I used to watch lots of people get out of their cars in YellowStone to either feed or take pictures of bears on the road.

Digger said:

1510687701[/url]' post='1892418']
My Bosch battery drill died on me yesterday just when I really needed it! I reckon it's only 18 months old and it cost something like $300. I paid that thinking I might get a drill that lasted a bit longer, but price is no guarantee of quality it seems. I was in town getting new lens in my glasses and afterwards picked up a Makita drill with a 3 year warranty for a couple of hundred dollars. It will be the batteries that go before the warranty ends and they will be half the price of the drill so they get you either way. Bloody planned obsolescence!

I don't do a lot of work with a drill but you have to have one, so what do you do?

I'm only able to work outside until lunchtime these days and then come in in a lather of sweat and totally buggered! Sign of things to come.

Big year! New tractor AND a new battery drill all within a few months...Grin~

Sorry it's so hot there now, sounds bad too soaking wet from sweat. We have plumbing problems I've been working on.
Herman

#9452 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

View PostRetired, on 14 November 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I would have loved to see that one. I watched a video way back of a guy getting way too close to one in S.D. Filming it and the Bison hit him once with his horns sending him flying up a tree. Some people think there tamed.

It is dangerous here too. Think more people get hurt here thinking they can photo shoot them too close or feed them. I used to watch lots of people get out of their cars in YellowStone to either feed or take pictures of bears on the road.

Sorry it's so hot there now, sounds bad too soaking wet from sweat. We have plumbing problems I've been working on.

There's been a slight thundery change with a small amount of rain so itís more comfortable now thankfully.

Chuckle...Gael gave me heaps before because I took the rubbish up the road for collection in the tractor bucket because thereís firewood in the yard trailer I usually use.

I canít help it, I havenít driven it for days now....Grin~

#9453 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

Our good mate Milo (Milod) sent me a couple of photos of himself firstly at an award night for his coverage of local rodeoís and support of same over many years. I asked him if I could share them with you and he agreed. I thought you would be interested.

Posted Image

The second one is an award night honouring our mate for his sensitive handling and reporting of veterans stories. We all know our mate Milo is a straight shooter and quite rightly he has been recognised for giving that service.

Posted Image

Some retirement hey?

#9454 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

Congrats Milo!
What a great honor!! [biggrin]
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
Guitars: 2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR), 2014 Gibson Fireburst Satin SGJ, 2014 Epiphone Wildkat, 2015 Xaviere XV-500 Trans. Green, 2015 Red Flamed G&L Ascari GTS, 2016 Lake Placid Blue Fender Standard Telecaster, 2016 Gibson T LP Studio Faded Fireburst, 1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2014 Washburn WD10 SCE Acoustic/Electric, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass
Amps:
VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Orange Micro Terror, Peavey ValveKing II MicroHead , Quilter Toneblock 200, Hughes & Kettner Tubmeister 18 Head Acoustic B100 Bass Combo, Cabs: Peavey 112, Hughs & Kettner TM110, Orange PPC108

Drums: 1977 Ludwig 5 Piece Butcher Block, 2015 Roland TD- 1KV.

My Music ----> http://soundcloud.com/bradley-e

#9455 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

Hereís the latest photo of our Great Granddaughter Pyper.

Now isnít she a sweetheart?
Posted Image

#9456 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Digger said:

1510782022[/url]' post='1892656']
Here's the latest photo of our Great Granddaughter Pyper.

Now isn't she a sweetheart?
Posted Image

So beautiful!

#9457 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

Retired said:

1510722481[/url]' post='1892542']

Damn iPad I gave you a minus. Digger can u spare a plus for Butch?

#9458 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 16 November 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Damn iPad I gave you a minus. Digger can u spare a plus for Butch?

Sure, no problem I do that often enough myself.

#9459 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Good day yesterday, lunch by the beach with friends and I got my SCUBA tank topped up so I can do battle with those pesky gwey wabbits! (well brown wabbits actually)

#9460 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Not such a good day here yesterday as Iíve described in the weather thread, but at least it should keep me off the streets for a while....Grin~

At least I get to use my tractor now.

Share this topic:

• (473 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users