• You cannot reply to this topic

Whats On Your Mind Today? Thread.

#9101 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • Group: Members
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Hell of a day!

We've been agonising over buying a new tractor today.

Cant find small tractors anywhere and when you do they are not far off new price!

So I went into town and met with the Kioti (Coyote) dealer this morning and discuseed needs & prices.

I'll get a firm quote tomorrow and see if its doable.

Going a bit bigger than our old Kubota with 35 hp plus a 4 in 1 FEL (loader)

#9102 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostDigger, on 12 September 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

Hell of a day!

We've been agonising over buying a new tractor today.

Cant find small tractors anywhere and when you do they are not far off new price!

So I went into town and met with the Kioti (Coyote) dealer this morning and discuseed needs & prices.

I'll get a firm quote tomorrow and see if its doable.

Going a bit bigger than our old Kubota with 35 hp plus a 4 in 1 FEL (loader)

hi Digger sounds practical...Hey i had this pic of one of my bro' in laws buddys tractors. He lives in "Carver", next town over from "Plymouth" (The Pilgrims, thanksgiving, the Mayflower) on a cranberry bog, farm (cranberry country) I don't know what "make" late 40's There's a small landing strip there too where they fly experimental ultralight...nice guy, plays tunes from the war of 1812 , folk music.....check his guitar...Epiphone...don't know what model...do you ? anyone ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

bro' in law that was a fun day :) Davis "bantar" 6 string banjo/guitar :) fun thing :) has that "sound" :) :)
Posted Image
has a nice Alverez too sounds pretty good to me :)

Posted Image

:) always fun :)

#9103 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

friends favorite fun to play :)
https://www.youtube....h?v=50_iRIcxsz0

#9104 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Our first tractor was a Grey Fergie but it had a single stage clutch and wouldn't operate things like post hole diggers or rotary hoes so we bought the Kubota and that's been a great tractor but is worn out now. I want to keep the Kubota running just to pull a trailer and do the heavy stuff with the new one if I get it. Grading, slashing, clearing out scrub, landscaping, pulling trees out of the bush, that sort of stuff. We already have a slasher, rotary hoe, ripper and carryall.

That tractor in your pic Crusty is an old girl and I have no idea what it is though back then possibly an Inter? There weren't many options in those days.

Tractors are so much more interesting than cars!

#9105 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Work while you still can
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

Digger said:

1505253538[/url]' post='1881008']
Our first tractor was a Grey Fergie but it had a single stage clutch and wouldn't operate things like post hole diggers or rotary hoes so we bought the Kubota and that's been a great tractor but is worn out now. I want to keep the Kubota running just to pull a trailer and do the heavy stuff with the new one if I get it. Grading, slashing, clearing out scrub, landscaping, pulling trees out of the bush, that sort of stuff. We already have a slasher, rotary hoe, ripper and carryall.

That tractor in your pic Crusty is an old girl and I have no idea what it is though back then possibly an Inter? There weren't many options in those days.

Tractors are so much more interesting than cars!

Yes sir tractors are more interesting. Congratulations on your great granddaughter! Glad things went well. Been busy fixing equipment so I'm behind keeping what's happening on the forum.

#9106 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 13 September 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Yes sir tractors are more interesting. Congratulations on your great granddaughter! Glad things went well. Been busy fixing equipment so I'm behind keeping what's happening on the forum.

Thanks Jim, but please don't apologise for being busy making a living! You have your priorities right mate.

Chuckle...any tractor I'd be considering would likely seem a toy to you, just as the sub compacts seem like toys to me, I'd imagine?

#9107 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Today is the day!

I'm off into town this morning to order the tractor. It came in a bit dearer bot with low interest rates in banks these days I may as well have my money working for me in other ways!

Bugger! There goes the petty cash~

I didn't fit mower blades yesterday as I have some BPPV (vertigo) bothering me and wouldn't have done too well working on my back, so that will wait. Instead I finished the installation of the electric motor on the bow of the boat and moved the deep cycle battery up the front to balance the boat out a bit. Crikey those things are heavy! I needed Butch & his muscles to give me a hand but he's never there when you want him....Grin~

Tested the remotes and all seems to be working so now waiting for a suitable day to launch.

#9108 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Bella & I went for a walk about lunch time yesterday!

We walked the side boundary looking at jobs for the tractor and I reckon I can fill in the next 2 years without trying.

Couldn't sleep half the night with tractors on my mind so I guess that says I'm excited!!

Amazing the potential that opens up with one piece of machinery!

Ultimate Boy's toy I reckon, better than cars or even boats.

Grin~

#9109 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

crust said:

1505246122[/url]' post='1880970']
hi Digger sounds practical...Hey i had this pic of one of my bro' in laws buddys tractors. He lives in "Carver", next town over from "Plymouth" (The Pilgrims, thanksgiving, the Mayflower) on a cranberry farm (cranberry country) I don't know what "make" late 40's There's a small landing strip there too where they fly experimental ultralight...nice guy, plays tunes from the war of 1812 , folk music.....check his guitar...Epiphone...don't know what model...do you ? anyone ?
Posted Image
Posted Image

bro' in law that was a fun day :)
Posted Image
has a nice Alverez too sounds pretty good to me :)

Posted Image

:) always fun :)

That top acoustic guitar looks close to mine I need to fix the bridge. Ececpt mine has black binding. I had a Banjo way back as a teen but never learned how to play it. I would still love to get one some say if I could play it. I do play dueling Banjos on my acoustic. Nice pictures Crust!
Herman

#9110 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

Digger said:

1505419155[/url]' post='1881338']
Today is the day!

I'm off into town this morning to order the tractor. It came in a bit dearer bot with low interest rates in banks these days I may as well have my money working for me in other ways!

Bugger! There goes the petty cash~

I didn't fit mower blades yesterday as I have some BPPV (vertigo) bothering me and wouldn't have done too well working on my back, so that will wait. Instead I finished the installation of the electric motor on the bow of the boat and moved the deep cycle battery up the front to balance the boat out a bit. Crikey those things are heavy! I needed Butch & his muscles to give me a hand but he's never there when you want him....Grin~

Tested the remotes and all seems to be working so now waiting for a suitable day to launch.

Sorry I wasn't there to help. There's just something about an Ocean that separates us Rob. Ha ha. Man about the muscle thing, I can't figure out why I can still lift so much like I still do? I've lost so much muscle at my age, I am weaker then what I was in my 50's, I've lost over 17 pounds this last month and surprisingly benched 270 for 5 reps last week. Just must be all those years I power lifted all is what I can think. I do wish we lived closer though as I would love to come and visit and give you a hand when you needed one. You could give me some rifle shooting lessons too. I took a shot at a squirrel in the tree today and missed him. Just cleaned the back yard and mowed, and here's a couple of squirrels up there eating away at the bean pods and there dropping all over the lawn in pieces making a big mess. I raked it 3 times and by now you can't tell. So I grabbed the .22 Gamo but didn't have a great clear shot. Only could see his head but missed it, then he took off. Plus I haven't sighted it in outside yet or at that distance he was at. Must have been close though as he dropped the bean pod. Couldn't see where he went either.
Herman

#9111 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

Sorry, another double post.
Herman

#9112 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

View PostRetired, on 15 September 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

That top acoustic guitar looks close to mine I need to fix the bridge. Ececpt mine has black binding. I had a Banjo way back as a teen but never learned how to play it. I would still love to get one some say if I could play it. I do play dueling Banjos on my acoustic. Nice pictures Crust!

Retired, that's no banjo, it a Davis bantar : dig it. My bro' in law does...me to..sounds like the real deal too : cool instrument imho :)

#9113 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

3:18 AM...took the dog for a walk...He "asked" me to. Not to tired, quiet perfect temp. I'm hitting the sack, again
Hope all are well. Guitar playing keeps me going :)

#9114 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

You have open sights on the .22 dont you Butch, and how far was the sqirrel that you shot at?

They are pretty small!

If it was under 60 feet the pellet may be rising above tour sight line, should test and check it perhaps. I have to do that every new gun as characteristics are different on each one, also each pellet. How were the noise levels?

Yeah pity about that annoying ocean being in the way otherwise we could have a lot of fun!!

#9115 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

View Postcrust, on 16 September 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

3:18 AM...took the dog for a walk...He "asked" me to. Not to tired, quiet perfect temp. I'm hitting the sack, again
Hope all are well. Guitar playing keeps me going :)

I'm glad that you've got guitar to help fill in the hours Crusty old mate!

You also have friends here to talk to and of course PM if you want to chat more.

#9116 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Work while you still can
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Got free tickets for the Doobie Brothers,they're playing at Norskhostfest,Karen gets free tickets from her job at the local paper because the Hostfest advertises there. I'm excited to see them finally.

#9117 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 16 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Got free tickets for the Doobie Brothers,they're playing at Norskhostfest,Karen gets free tickets from her job at the local paper because the Hostfest advertises there. I'm excited to see them finally.

I'm a fan of the Doobies myself Jim. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences there.

#9118 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Just puttering around the house...as usual..Was ok today, late summer...sultry is a good word, I guess. Some of my youngest sons friends stopped by, one brought his Takamine acoustic for a tune up,. the high e was wound "backwards" in the tuning post new string tuning sounds unreal actually kept me busy for a few...played it for a while. Jammed, a little was fun Good guy...big 350 lb 35 yo or so great player from Georgia "Southern rock" we played a couple AB tunes Skinard was fun..great day so far...Summer is rapidly ending getting darker a bit earlier now too , 6:45 PM twilight time now :) He is still here helping my youngest son do something, maybe fixing his girls auto , or something We are going to play again , now not bad at all :)

check out the photos in the other post in the eg forum, from today old photos get a laugh :)
:)

#9119 User is offline   crust 

• Epiphone Enthusiast

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

:)

#9120 User is offline   Retired 

• LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

crust said:

1505545770[/url]' post='1881688']
Retired, that's no banjo, it a Davis bantar : dig it. My bro' in law does...me to..sounds like the real deal too : cool instrument imho :)

Now that you said that, I went and blew the photo up and see 6 tuning keys. I didn't think I saw the one key way down by itself but the body looked like one. It is cool alright and I missed the 6 keys.
Herman

Share this topic:

• (473 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users