Gibson Brands Forums

1960s slim taper neck.

heavy thumb

I noticed that the new es-335 pro is listed as having a 1960s slim taper neck. Does any other epiphone electrics have that also? I have a 1960 es 330 and would like to get an epiphone. I have played several different ones but just don't care for the neck profile. No one around here has a 335 pro in stock for me to try. I sure would love to have a 335 or es175 with a 1960s neck profile.

I think Epiphone's definition of "60's slim taper" is quite variable. The neck on my ES-355 is advertised as slim taper but is more of a 50's baseball bat (not complaining, I like the neck a lot). I don't recall how the Elitist Dot was advertised, but on mine the neck is much slimmer.

I think Epiphone's definition of "60's slim taper" is quite variable. The neck on my ES-355 is advertised as slim taper but is more of a 50's baseball bat (not complaining, I like the neck a lot). I don't recall how the Elitist Dot was advertised, but on mine the neck is much slimmer.

On the website for Epiphone I see slim taper and the new es 335 pro is listed with a 1960s slim taper. Maybe 2 different tapers ?

• 5 years later...

I noticed that the new es-335 pro is listed as having a 1960s slim taper neck. Does any other epiphone electrics have that also? I have a 1960 es 330 and would like to get an epiphone. I have played several different ones but just don't care for the neck profile. No one around here has a 335 pro in stock for me to try. I sure would love to have a 335 or es175 with a 1960s neck profile.

I also have a 1960 ES-330. Have you needed a refret? I think that I'm at that point.

I believe you will find that most Epi models have the 60's neck. :)

Epiphone might say that but it varies mightily. My '04 LP Standard has a '60's slim taper neck. I recently played a Joe Bonamassa Firebird. Talk about a baseball bat.

Archived