Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Deal Of The Day....Vipor (just arrived...pix)

feldkeen4

I was looking at it myself, I like the necks on those LTDs.

I just bought an amp, so I will have to hold off for now.

What I found peculiar is that the model ESP LTD Viper 256 does not end in "p" for P90 and that the description does not allude to P90s either. It just says ESP pickups.

I was looking at it myself, I like the necks on those LTDs.

I just bought an amp, so I will have to hold off for now.

What I found peculiar is that the model ESP LTD Viper 256 does not end in "p" for P90 and that the description does not allude to P90s either. It just says ESP pickups.

That's part of why it took me 2 hours to pull the trigger. I called them and the guy wasn't sure. So every time I would search ESP LTD Viper 256 one of 2 models would pop up. So on the ESP website the 256 humbucker only comes with worn vintage colors ie reliced and always pointed out the push pull coil tapping. So the picture of the ad did match the color options of the discription. So the bottom line is if I don't like it it goes back regaurdless.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/viper-series.html

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPVIPER256

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-viper-256-electric-guitar

In the end $200 for one of these guitars is a great deal.

Did you happen to find a youtube demo of the p90 model? I didn't, I was curious to hear the P90s. I am guessing based on the rest of the LTD line that the P90's should have enough gain rather than a more vintage output.

Yeah, even the old guy looked at this one.

Not really seriously, though...

But...

What bothered me a bit also was the double description, one claiming a rosewood fingerboard, the other an ebony fingerboard - all in the same description of the guitar. ????

There also were no reviews at all.

Still, $200 for a set neck guitar of almost any quality at all, if the neck itself is straight, is a heck of a bargain, it'd appear to me.

I don't need that type of guitar, but if it's at all decent, and MF offers their return policy, I'd say go for it for someone interested. (My 1970s Guild S100c covers that sort of instrument as well or better than anything else I can imagine, so...)

m

Yeah, even the old guy looked at this one.

Not really seriously, though...

But...

What bothered me a bit also was the double description, one claiming a rosewood fingerboard, the other an ebony fingerboard - all in the same description of the guitar. ????

There also were no reviews at all.

Still, $200 for a set neck guitar of almost any quality at all, if the neck itself is straight, is a heck of a bargain, it'd appear to me.

I don't need that type of guitar, but if it's at all decent, and MF offers their return policy, I'd say go for it for someone interested. (My 1970s Guild S100c covers that sort of instrument as well or better than anything else I can imagine, so...)

m

ebony stained rw board?

if I didn't already have a cherry SG Std. i'd jump on this !!

if the P-90s aren't great, i'd drop in a set of GFS crunchy-90s or crunchy dream 180s ( their version of Mr.Lovers origional 'buckers) I have the 180s in a '56 GT and they sound really really good.

It is very playable right out of the box. Almost in tune, the G string was at F# and all the other strings were close. The grain is wild and V-shaped. I can't find a seam anywhere, with the wild V grain pattern a seam should stand out. While researching I found a retailer that claimed it was a one piece, but in a $2oo guitar I doubt it. I'm very happy with it so far. It took quite awhile for me to adjust my amp for the P90's to sound right to my ears. I'm so used to my strat with ceramic pickups in the 2nd position. It sounded a little muddy on my strat settings, but turning the tone up to 8 made it sound very nice.

100_5093_zps0d32c38b.jpg100_5092_zps755d1794.jpg

The thin u shaped neck is nice, it makes it easier for my thumb to mute the low E string. My short fat fingers like 24.75 scale. And the most important thing is I always sit down and play and it rests on my knee close to the bridge so my palm is right where I like it. I almost bought the offset body fender jaguar for that reason. "This is perfect for sitting".

It is a super thick slab of mahogany, I'm surprised at how much it weighs.

100_5083_zps6008ff71.jpg

Here's your chance to get one yourself for $199.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?src=3GOA2F5A&src=3GOA2F5A

303173_10151160367594084_906115987_n.jpg

I am very happy with the one I just got. I am struggling a little with the XJ frets so keep that in mind. And it is heavy, but, that's what a massive slab of mahogany feels like. My daughters wine red SG special is 1 3/8" and the LTD is 1 5/8" a 1/4" thicker.

I am not a very good guitar player so my review is worthless. But, I've been playing the SG and the Viper all morning and do not feel a $700 difference.

SG wine red special

Archived