Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul DC Standard Limited?

SirMilo

Hello everyone.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently looking at possibly purchasing a guitar that I don't know too much about and hope that someone may be able to share a little knowledge about it.

I am being told that the guitar is a LP DC AAAA Limited run. I am still waiting for pics of the serial and the back of the guitar so I can confirm with Gibson.

I believe that the limited run designation is due to the color, again, what I am being told.

I realize that without a serial number all opinions are educated guesses. I should get the serial info today sometime.

Anyway, here are a few pictures that I have so far- more will follow unless someone can confirm the validity of the seller's claims by what is shown.

I appreciate any comments or assistance you can provide.

Thanks.

post-47384-061542100 1348427034_thumb.jpg

post-47384-044577000 1348427051_thumb.jpg

post-47384-022173600 1348427064_thumb.jpg

Yup.. looks like it is what he says it is..

And yes they dont make many Double Cut Standards.. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH :) the upper fret access is way better on a DC than on a LP Single Cut..

Im waiting for them to start making them again myself and when they so I will sell whatever I have to get one :)

(and if anyone (hint hint) is watching, how about a LP DC Standard with a P90 in the neck and a coil tapped Hummer.. hmmmmm Id sell you a body part for that ;))

Rabs,

Thanks a ton for your response- I really appreciate it.

Any ideas on fair market value of this guitar? The guitar has minimal wear and would be in very near mint condition.

It has the slightest gold fade on the bridge and 2 very small, light scratches on the back- each less than 1/16" long.

Rabs,

Thanks a ton for your response- I really appreciate it.

Any ideas on fair market value of this guitar? The guitar has minimal wear and would be in very near mint condition.

It has the slightest gold fade on the bridge and 2 very small, light scratches on the back- each less than 1/16" long.

Hmm probably between $1100 and $1600 for a good one.. hard to say really.. Best is to look on craigslist and Ebay etc.. you can sometimes find them going really cheap..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=les+paul+dc&_sacat=0&_odkw=les+paul+dc+standard&_osacat=0

Good luck.. thats an awesome guitar your going for [thumbup]

Looks like a DC Standard Plus (meaning figured top) to me. AFAIK those aren't a special run, even though Gibson doesn't run them every year.

There's three or four on fleaBay - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=les+paul+double+cutaway+standard&_sacat=0

I like this one - http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Tak-Matsumoto-Doublecut-Custom-Ebony.aspx

HB090C-Finish-Shot.jpg

I picked up a DC Standard Limited Edition the first year the DC’s came out (I think ’92 or ’93). The only two colors that were available for the Limited Editions were Tangerine Burst (which I have) and Lemon Burst. I never saw the color in the pix listed so I would assume that it is not a LE and just a standard model. Either way, they are ridiculously nice guitars and you most certainly could not go wrong getting one.

• 1 month later...

Yup.. looks like it is what he says it is..

And yes they dont make many Double Cut Standards.. the upper fret access is way better on a DC than on a LP Single Cut..

I don't get guitar players sometimes. Gibson makes what players buy simple as that. When Gibson floats a balloon in a new model and they sit on hooks in stores, they get discontinued.

I have THREE double cuts. One conventional standard, an XPL (one of THE nicest guitars I've ever played), and an Epiphone Genesis and wouldn't trade any of them for a standard LP. If you get a DC, you'll never be sorry.

• 1 year later...

Archived