Gibson Brands Forums

Flying V Faded Worn White 3 Pups

chinocapuchino

The Faded series are great guitars.

The three pickup version is no longer made, so it will be harder to find.

Good luck.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-flying-v-faded-3-pickup-electric-guitar

"The Flying V Faded 3-Pickup offers the distinctive look and total performance of Gibson's iconic Flying V at an unbeatable price. With three screaming 490 humbuckers—the same pickups offered on the top of the line Les Paul Supreme—the Flying V Faded 3-Pickup gives guitarists an unbelievable tonal spectrum to play with. A master volume and master tone dial in the options presented by the versatile 6-position selector. Choose from bridge, bridge/middle, middle, middle/neck, or bridge/neck pickup combinations. From the garage to the club to as far as you want to go, the Flying V Faded guitar has you covered.

The Gibson Flying V Faded model combines the well-worn, well-played look of a favorite old Gibson with the performance of a brand new electric guitar. With a hand worn satin finish and classic Gibson body style, the Flying V has that comfortable, familiar feeling of a favorite guitar."

Features

Manufactured in: Nashville, TN

BODY

Body Species: Mahogany

NECK

Species: Mahogany

Profile: Flying V Rounded

Peghead Pitch: 17°

FINGERBOARD

Species: Rosewood

Scale Length: 24-3/4"

Number of Frets: 22

Nut Width: 1.695"

Inlays: Dot

HARDWARE

Plating Finish: Chrome

Tailpiece: Stopbar

Bridge: Tune-o-matic

Knobs: Black Numbered

Tuners: Vintage-style Tulip

ELECTRONICS

Neck Pickups: 490R humbucker

Middle Pickups: 490R humbucker

Bridge Pickups: 490T humbucker

Controls: One volume, one tone, six-position rotary selector

OTHER

Strings-Brite Wires .010-.046

Thanks for your responses!!

Seems to be very little information on these guitars. Actually I found one at a very decent price and should arrive today....

I'm very excited, I've only seen pictures of it, but am anxious to start playing it...

It might be a little strange the middle pickup, hopefully it will make up to it by the extra great sound,

thx,

• 2 years later...

Hi!

Can you tell me more about the 6 positions rotary selector?

Thank you

I have one on my SGD+, 1 to 5 positions are the same as a Strat and the 6th is the bridge and neck together. AKA chicken switch.

Archived