Gibson Brands Forums

gibson custom/historic guitar cables

paulachow

hi,

in 2004 i purchased a johnny a. with it came 2 historic cables. recently i rehearsed two times w/2 individuals. each time i went home minus a cord. one electric blue, the other electric red.

i have looked on the gibson site. they don't seem to sell them. ebay as well. anyone know where to get 2 of these. or if anyone on this site is interested please let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBSON-CUSTOM-SHOP-HISTORIC-GUITAR-CABLE-LEAD-RARE-/220779813721

$(KGrHqV,!jEE7b3ewiD7BPItNyJq3!~~60_1.JPG

http://www.cbicables.com/pressreleasepg4.htm

C.B.I. & Gibson Guitar Co. Offer High Quality Package Deal

"C.B.I. and Gibson Guitar Co. have entered into a joint venture in which C.B.I.s "Gold Rush" guitar cable is to be packaged with most of Gibson's custom guitar line. George Cox of Gibson’s Custom Division said they decided to use C.B.I. cables because, " C.B.I. has a reputation for manufacturing top-quality cables and their visual appeal matched well with our vintage re-issue program."

The Gold Rush design was developed by C.B.I.’s Vice-President Joan Brazinski, in an effort to combine high quality with style. Gold Rush cables are high quality Belden/C.B.I. 20 gauge instrument wire with G&H Bigfoot 1/4 " connectors which are gold plated.

The "Gold Rush" is available in lengths of 6’, 10’, 15’, 20’, and 25’. C.B.I. offers the cables in 9 patterns using the same colors but different designs. The Gold Rush is one of the classiest looking guitar cables on the market, and is made from strictly top quality components. The "Gold Rush" sports a black and gold cloth metallic jacket. The jacket is designed for durability, flexibility, and it will not fray."

hi,

in 2004 i purchased a johnny a. with it came 2 historic cables. recently i rehearsed two times w/2 individuals. each time i went home minus a cord. one electric blue, the other electric red.

i have looked on the gibson site. they don't seem to sell them. ebay as well. anyone know where to get 2 of these. or if anyone on this site is interested please let me know.

If you rehearsed with these guys, I am wondering why you don't just call them and ask for your cords back.

You sound pretty certain you know where there are 2 of them at least.

Archived