Gibson Brands Forums

Axle is BACK !! great album

ninety1vee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No...I just think it's pathetic tho talk **** about someone who's gone somewhere with their music...

Hold on a second, let's get our facts straight.....

Axl has not gone anywhere or done anything of note with "his" music. He was once a great singer and a decent song writer with a band called Guns-N-Roses.

They were a great band, but because of his lack of professionalism, then band disintegrated. He was great with that band. Up until last week he had released as many albums as I have.

And I have all the respect in the world for any musician the get's up onto a stage and lays it on the line. It takes balls! But one of Axl's problems was failing to do that all too often.

Furthermore, this album is a record company baby they think/hope they can make a buck off of. It's probably the most expensive album in history, and it's not possible for it to live up to any amount of hype.

And the sad part is, had that record company told Axl, come back when you get your sh!t together, and used that money in nurturing and recording new acts, we might have another new GNR or two out there touring instead of Axl preparing to go out on the road in order to show up late to shows, play short sets, and cancel gigs as he always does!

I mean, there's been a tone of money wasted on Axl and studio time while he smoked weed and polished turdds in the studio, when some really good artists busting their asses everyday struggling to make it, just as GNR had done in the beginning could have used that studio time and/or money.

Therefore, with so many people kissing his ***, Mr. Rose needs to man up and take any criticism dished out! And instead of suing Dr. Pepper, maybe he should buy everybody one! I'll take a little Jack in mine!

Y'know what...I really like the fact that the daffy swine has spent $26,000,000 and taken 14yrs to release Chinese Democracy.

Surely, if paranoid, stoned and, let's be frank, at least slightly insane rock legends were clean, sober, straight-living, hard-working chaps who punched the clock and churned out an album every couple of years, the world would be a far duller place.

I haven't even heard Chinese Democracy bar the single, but it has to be said that it is a little slice of rock history, just for it's elephantine gestation and ridiculous cost and reputation.

Jinder said 'elephantine gestation' - and I have to say that is a glorious bit of English.

Two things spring to mind, a compliment and a challenge:-

Compliment - fabulous wordsmithing Jinder, just fabulous.....

Challenge - use the expression in a song. =D>

You obviously don't read album credits or you'd know he has always had a lot to do with the music of GN'R...Slash and even Tom Zutaut have said this publicly....So get your facts straight...I don't agree with everything he does but regardless he's still a talented individual.

Read more carefully.

I gave him full credit for what he did with GNR. But a band is different than a mere solo artist which is essentially what he has become.

He did great work with that band. Could he have done as well or better without? Obviously not.

Read more carefully.

I gave him full credit for what he did with GNR. But a band is different than a mere solo artist which is essentially what he has become.

He did great work with that band. Could he have done as well or better without? Obviously not.

That's a matter of opinion.

Furthermore you contradicted yourself by calling him a songwriter and then saying he hasn't done anything with "his" music...Out of the 16 tracks on "Use Your Illusion I" he wrote on 11 of those two of which where he's the sole writer, on "Use Your Illusion II" out of the 14 tracks on there he wrote on 11 of those three of which where he was the sole writer again...So I think it is you yet again that needs to get your facts straight...I'm not out here saying that he's the be all end all because he's not, and not every song he writes is a masterpiece because there's not one person in the world who that can be said about...All I'm saying is that the man has always been a huge part of the creative force in the original Guns N' Roses...Everyone just likes to jump on the whole "Axl sucks" bandwagon...Most people don't even give what he does a fair shot because of their feelings about the original GN'R, which by the way Slash, Izzy, and Duff all left on their own....And again before you all start picking away at everything I said, I DO NOT think he's the worlds greatest musician and you can all think what you want about him...I said it before that this thread does not belong on here especially in a section that's meant to talk about acoustic guitars.

Yeah, he wrote lyrics. He didn't come up with guitar parts. He didn't come up with melody's.

He wrote lyrics on this album, it sounds like crap. Why, no GOOD band to make the music and push him to higher levels of creativity ala Appetite for Destruction.

He was a huge creative influence in GNR, but facts show that without GNR, he's not very creative at all! He needed the band. Period. Fact. You don't have to like it. And bottom line was that it was his dysfunctionality that drove the other members away.

Mick Jagger has done some solo work. Some of it's not bad. But without the Stones, he's just that guy that did that song what's it's name that's pretty good.

Joe Perry did a solo album and was nominated for a grammy! But he could never have been anything but the guitarist for Aerosmith.

Jeff Beck, bless his heart, ay be the greatest guitar player in history, but because he's never had that creative force around him, he's lingered in obscurity from many music lovers.

It's hard to be a Hendrix or Clapton in which you can throw any backing band together and be great. Not to mention it helps to be a guitar god, but that's beside the point. It's hard to be a Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Elton John, etc. i.e., someone that does it all and just needs a good backing band.

Axl obviously doesn't have what it takes. He needs to put a BAND together. He needs to let someone tell him, "Axl, that's cool, but this other thing sux!" Axl obviosly doesn't want that.

Yeah' date=' he wrote lyrics. He didn't come up with guitar parts. He didn't come up with melody's.

He wrote lyrics on this album, it sounds like crap. Why, no GOOD band to make the music and push him to higher levels of creativity ala Appetite for Destruction.

He was a huge creative influence in GNR, but facts show that without GNR, he's not very creative at all! He needed the band. Period. Fact. You don't have to like it. And bottom line was that it was his dysfunctionality that drove the other members away.

Mick Jagger has done some solo work. Some of it's not bad. But without the Stones, he's just that guy that did that song what's it's name that's pretty good.

Joe Perry did a solo album and was nominated for a grammy! But he could never have been anything but the guitarist for Aerosmith.

Jeff Beck, bless his heart, ay be the greatest guitar player in history, but because he's never had that creative force around him, he's lingered in obscurity from many music lovers.

It's hard to be a Hendrix or Clapton in which you can throw any backing band together and be great. Not to mention it helps to be a guitar god, but that's beside the point. It's hard to be a Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Elton John, etc. i.e., someone that does it all and just needs a good backing band.

Axl obviously doesn't have what it takes. He needs to put a BAND together. He needs to let someone tell him, "Axl, that's cool, but this other thing sux!" Axl obviosly doesn't want that.[/quote']

Again....The man that signed GN'R Tom Zutaut even came out and publicly said he wrote a lot of the melodies....And again....those credits are taken from where it says "Music" because everyone knows he wrote the lyrics....But then again you know everything about the "Truth" according to your blog so all that's left to say is :

You've got all the answers

You know everything

Why nobody asked you

It's a mystery to me

....Oh....and just because you say something is a fact that doesn't make it so.

Again....The man that signed GN'R Tom Zutaut even came out and publicly said he wrote a lot of the melodies....And again....those credits are taken from where it says "Music" because everyone knows he wrote the lyrics....But then again you know everything about the "Truth" according to your blog so all that's left to say is :

You know everything

Why nobody asked you

It's a mystery to me

again, you need to address your point without making it a personal attack on the individual. that goes both ways. any social relationship, be it in person or online has a decorum. tact is important, especially with people you are unfamiliar with. until you develop a rapport with them and friendly slagging and b****slapping can occur without ruffling feathers, present your opinions in a more basic way without making it personal. disagreements will always occur but they dont have to be critical or final. we have had this type of situation here and at the lounge and it never resolves if it carries on this way - it only escalates and someone ends up either leaving or being removed. this can be an enjoyable place but attitudes must be kept in check or things can just spiral out of control.

excuse me, i have to illegally download chinese democracy now.

But then again you know everything about the "Truth" according to your blog so all that's left to say is :

You know everything

Why nobody asked you

It's a mystery to me

That's a VERY good point!

No, it doesn't that's why I would never do such a thing.

anything said by Damien-whateverthe****

You know, I lurk around these forums quite a bit while I'm bored at work, and every since you've been posting all I've seen from you is constant inflammatory remarks questioning "what other people have done" that qualifies them to judge some shitstain leader singer from some mediocre hard rock band. And instead of actually addressing what they say, you just try to tear into them with fallacious and malicious arguments that you seem to try to back up with an unnecessarily pretentious and lengthy signature detailing every single piece of gear you have, because anyone really gives a **** that you own three Slash signature model guitars.

So seriously, get off your high horse. You're not a big deal. People don't know you. You asking what other people have done musically is akin to the pot calling the kettle black. I hope the tens of thousands of dollars worth of guitars has gotten you something, because it certainly hasn't gotten you fame or respect from anyone but yourself. With your soapbox attitude though, I can see how you would like Axl Rose. You seem like the exact kind of ****** that he is. Chip on your shoulder and something to prove, without the ability to prove it.

i think he's a 17 year old escapee from the les paul forum. if you've ever peeked in over there you'd realize that's pretty much their level of discourse. amusing now and then but mostly a lot of jabbering from empty headed cock-rocker wannabees. but hey, who am i to judge? i just stay outta there because it doesn't interest me. but, if they come over here well...YOU KIDS BETTER GIT OFF MY LAWN!

the geezer

You know' date=' I lurk around these forums quite a bit while I'm bored at work, and every since you've been posting all I've seen from you is constant inflammatory remarks questioning "what other people have done" that qualifies them to judge some shitstain leader singer from some mediocre hard rock band. And instead of actually addressing what they say, you just try to tear into them with fallacious and malicious arguments that you seem to try to back up with an unnecessarily pretentious and lengthy signature detailing every single piece of gear you have, because anyone really gives a **** that you own three Slash signature model guitars.

So seriously, get off your high horse. You're not a big deal. People don't know you. You asking what other people have done musically is akin to the pot calling the kettle black. I hope the tens of thousands of dollars worth of guitars has gotten you something, because it certainly hasn't gotten you fame or respect from anyone but yourself. With your soapbox attitude though, I can see how you would like Axl Rose. You seem like the exact kind of ****** that he is. Chip on your shoulder and something to prove, without the ability to prove it.

[/quote']

Whatever you say... As for my signature I'm not the only person on here that lists their gear in their signature so that really doesn't mean anything....I've also never claimed to be famous...I've at least had the opportunities to go out on tour with a few national acts and been in two signed (albeit to an independent label) bands with a lot of hard work...It just sickens me to see people who don't know the kind of work it takes to even get signed and tour across the country yet seem to feel the need to bash someone else's work acting like they themselves are high and mighty while never putting any of their own music out...Oh...And thanks for the Axl comparison that means a lot...=D>

That apple crisp recipie sounds delicious. It's gotta be better than the "new" Guns and Roses CD for sure.

I wouldn't take a free copy of that crap.

Sounds like we need to start a Gibson Cookbook forum on here.

I'm really a Fender guy, but I've got a nice Gibson Hummingbird just to balance things out.

To get this back on track, what kind of acoustics were used on Chinese Democracy? Hope the answer is not, that there are no acoustics at all.

By the way I got a pretty simple, but damn good recipe for an apple cake, and I swear, even if your not familar with backing, it won't take 15 years to make it.

And by the other way, what about the guy who started this thread, does he get money from a record company to do this?=P~

And least: I liked GnR when I was a kid! (whatever that's supposed to mean8-[ )

I am fortunate enough to have several apple trees in my garden and this autumn (that's fall obviously) has seen a good crop. The varieties include, Cox's Orange Pippin, Bramley and Doctor Harvey (a very old Essex variety). Mrs AJ and her mother have been busy making apple pies and crumbles, but none as good as Mrs AJ's aunt Muriel. Now her apple pie is something to behold.

I'm sure Aunt Muriel would only be too pleased to share her secrets to my fellow Forum members.

BTW I'm not too sure what Apple Crisp is. Would someone care to elaborate?

Archived