Gibson Brands Forums

Sore fingers

My linkWhen I get a cut on end of fingers from work ect,,I use Tamiya Modeling masking tape,,about 3$ at local hobby shop where they sell model car kits hobby supplies. I normally use it when Im taping off areas to paint stripes to paint,,but works great for covering end of fingers when sore 001_zpsrpevhpy9.jpg

• 6 months later...

When I first started playing, I used a hand exerciser and would slowly build up the number of repetitions I'd do with each hand to build hand and finger strength. The other thing I did is what everyone else is saying. Play and play a lot. When it starts getting sore, stop and rest for a while and start again later or next day. Do this two or three hours a day and within a couple weeks, you'll get hard callouses and it won't hurt even after playing for hours at a time. Another thing I use occasionally is "Finger Ease" which helps slicken the strings. I'll spray it, rub up and down the fretboard to get all the gunk (aka dead skin and stuff) off the strings. It also seems to help the life of the strings, or at least it seems to for me.

I am only a beginner and I very want to learn guitar good. I practice a lot but my fingers get sore a lot. Is there something can help my fingers.

Make sure your guitar has a good setup. Take it to a luthier or tech and have him set it up so the action is low but doesn't buzz. Might cost $40 or $50, but your fingertips will thank you.

Archived