Gibson Brands Forums

Robot Guitar Pricing

Phippers

Hey guys,

I know that the first run of the Robot Guitar is very soon going to be a collectors editon, and Lower Numbers will be worth more, but RG0001, and RG4000 will be worth some cash! As far as I know, gibson kept RG0001, I have RG4000. I was wondering how much people would be willing to pay for this, and if it will increase in value, or decrase...

Thanks!

I'm no expert... only been playing guitar for about a year on and off... and just starting to get into the technical aspects of the guitar itself... but I'd expect the value of all of them to go up. I doubt the last one would be worth as much as the first... but I'm sure it'll go up in value much quicker then the random middle numbers.

Then again, I'm not a collector (yet!), and I'm only 19... but that would make sense to me.

These will be worth large cash if you hold it and resist the urge to play them. Put it away for a number of years, you will be rewarded with huge returns on your investment. The ones on ebay now go for a least three grand plus thats a least five hundred more than retail and less than three months time. As people get tax refunds and snatch up the ones listed now they will only become more valuable due to the people who begin to play them and gig them and scratch them, your will stay mint, first edition, rare color, all the collectors look for... just resist the urge to play them. Wait till the next ones come out in the all blue color..snatch one cheaper and play it.

My robot will be mint for years to come because I wont play it and will keep it locked and safe.javascript:insertsmiley(':d/ ','/images/emoticons/eusa_dance.gif')

[Dancing] Gabriel rg0515

:)/

Archived