Gibson Brands Forums

P 90's In a Swingster

Cobalt

I'm just throwing this out there. Has anyone ever considered this? Would they even fit? I really enjoy my Swingster and the pick-ups are "fine" but not earth shaking. I would like to hear what you guys all think about putting P-90's in A Swingster.

I really enjoy my Swingster and the pick-ups are "fine" but not earth shaking. I would like to hear what you guys all think about putting P-90's in A Swingster.

What amp are you playing it through?

Have you tried it through other amps?

They would have to be humbucker size P-90s. (No big deal)

Willy

• 4 years later...

Well Hello, i have a Epiphone Swigster with P90's (both neck and bridge) and BOY I LOVE THEM!, dont get me Wrong.. Swingbuckers are "fine" as you say but DAMM i love the sound of my Bertha Lou (my guitars name) with P90's and .11's on my Vox. I only use some rev from the amp and a the Slap Back Delay pedal.. nothing more... and i play, ROckabilly, Psychobily, Swing, Surf.... no feed back, no problems, just PLAIN GOOD OLD FUN! (and i have played at real gib loud stages with monitors and all) i say GO FOR IT!! (

P.D: if you can get the staples P90's you will find your self in heaven.. mine are regular P90's and even like that THEY ROCK!

Archived