Gibson Brands Forums

Custom shop acoustics

Buckeroo

Any possibility of starting a category for just custom shop acoustic instruments.? Gibson is really terrible about supplying Info on custom shop or limited run models. also Price guides dont seem to address these expensive and rare instruments. Does anyone Know of any websites that address limited run gibson or custom shop guitars? Does anyone know of any dealers that specialize in these type of guitars? Any help appreciated](*,)

I'm also amazed that Gibson doesn't give out information about special runs, limited editions, etc. I tried to get some info on my custom Firebird.....and couldn't find out anything about it....how many were made, what was the theme, why the design...etc....why so secretive??? There must be records somewhere.????

I'm also amazed that Gibson doesn't give out information about special runs' date=' limited editions, etc. I tried to get some info on my custom Firebird.....and couldn't find out anything about it....how many were made, what was the theme, why the design...etc....why so secretive??? There must be records somewhere.????[/quote']

I agree

Perhaps it's because it's not viewed by the "purists and experts" as being a proper Gibson acoustic !!!!

( Wily...........couldn't resist that, doubtless you will get revenge!)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I'm also amazed that Gibson doesn't give out information about special runs' date=' limited editions, etc. I tried to get some info on my custom Firebird.....and couldn't find out anything about it....how many were made, what was the theme, why the design...etc....why so secretive??? There must be records somewhere.????[/quote']

I spoke to a Gibson rep a few months ago about a Custom Shop model. His response indicated that many

limited runs were dependant on the supply of a particular wood at the time of production. Take a Quilted Maple Hummingbird, for example. They may have made an odd number of say 23 Hummingbirds simply because they had enough quilted maple to make that many. I have seen runs as few as two on really rare versions. I guess that's why they are Custom Shop models and not regular models.

I spoke to a Gibson rep a few months ago about a Custom Shop model. His response indicated that many

limited runs were dependant on the supply of a particular wood at the time of production. Take a Quilted Maple Hummingbird' date=' for example. They may have made an odd number of say 23 Hummingbirds simply because they had enough quilted maple to make that many. I have seen runs as few as two on really rare versions. I guess that's why they are Custom Shop models and not regular models.

[/quote']

So special edition means... they are left overs..?????? =P~

Kiddin'

Archived