Gibson Brands Forums

Canadian-made cases

SRV-Zeppelin

I've heard several times on this forum that the Canadian-made cases suck. Why is that? The case that came with my LP says "made in Canada" on the compartment and there's nothing wrong with it. Looks just like the regular USA case. (Although I have seen several canadian cases with leather handles and combo locks- blech!)

The case that came with my LP says "made in Canada" on the compartment and there's nothing wrong with it.

+1 ... they are put to shame by fender's cases though' date=' specially the new ones (I think fender changed their cases early this year, to the new model of SKB that has strudier locks and looks even better, the only downside is they are rectangular instead of guitar shaped).

Although I have seen several canadian cases with leather handles and combo locka

Mine does have a leather handle and combo lock!!! =D> you have pics of yours? (havent seen them yet!)

Speaking of Canada. I vote we accept them in the Good Ole U.S.A. and we expell Alaska. Even trade. Canada has a progressive open society with a health care system that is designed to help everyone. Alaska is exactly the opposite and the white of the complexion is only rivaled by that of the tundra. Plus (or minus) they have crazy girl Palin.

What the hell she is a separatist anyway. I say give her and her hubby what they want.

Canadians have more guns per capita then do us in The States. I don't have to give up anything. And BTW the concept that us progressives hate guns is not true (not in my case).

I am liberal / progressive not passive and not a puzsy (not that you said I was).

Canadians have more guns per capita then do us in The States. I don't have to give up anything. And BTW the concept that us progressives hate guns is not true (not in my case).

I am liberal / progressive not passive and not a puzsy (not that you said I was).

No Country on the Planet has more guns per capita than the U.S.A.

That's why we've never been invaded. For real. Even the Japanese knew when to stop.

When the liberals take our guns, we WILL become a Nation of rock throwers.

Until then, we are armed. Very well armed.

Murph.

I did about 30 seconds of research and I stand corrected. I am sure there is more up to date info out there, but this backs up my misconceptions about per capita gun rates. It does; however, make you think about other perhaps more relevant things.

In my edit box all the columns are lined up. I don't know why they wouldn't in the the posting.

Canada US US/Can

Population 1998 30.2 m 270 m 8.9x

Number of All Firearms 1998 7.4 m 222 m 30x

Number of Handguns 1998 1.2 m 76 m 63.3x

Guns per capita 1997 .25 .82 3.3x

Firearms Death (Rate per 100,000)* Canada US US/Can

Accidental deaths with Firearms 1998 0.2 0.3 1.5x

Suicides with Firearms 1998 3.4 6.4 1.9x

Total Firearms Deaths 1998 4.3 11.4 2.7x

Crime Statistics (Rate per 100,000) Canada US US/Can

Murders with Firearms 1998 0.5 4.4 7.9x

Murders with Handguns 1998 0.23 3.3 14.5x

Murders without Guns 1998 1.3 2.3 1.8x

Robberies with Guns 1998 18 63 3.5x

Roberries without Guns 1998 78 102 1.3x

Canada US Can/US

Overall Homicide rate per 100,000 1998 1.83 6.62 3.6x

% of homicides with firearms 1998 27.3% 66% 2.4x

% of firearm homicides with handguns 1998 46% 75% 1.6x

Speaking of Canada. I vote we accept them in the Good Ole U.S.A. and we expell Alaska. Even trade. Canada has a progressive open society with a health care system that is designed to help everyone. Alaska is exactly the opposite and the white of the complexion is only rivaled by that of the tundra. Plus (or minus) they have crazy girl Palin.

What the hell she is a separatist anyway. I say give her and her hubby what they want.

How about we trade Indiana to Mexico for some corona beer or some tortillas and keep Alaska and our private health care system (the best in the world). Nobody goes to Canada to be cured from anything, Canucks come here so they won't die waiting for treatment.

BTW. I don't know this Neo. I am guessing by the continued posting that he is an altra-right winger. Thats fine. I love a good argument. If; however, he is the only one who can stand up for their position and you rely on him to do your fighting then I suppose I am just an irritant and should go away.

I don't want to up set the status Quo. I mean it would be wrong to inject a bit of thought into the constant battle over Custom Vs. Standard.

I could just say Standard kicks Customs ***. You all better with that?

How about we trade Indiana to Mexico for some corona beer or some tortillas and keep Alaska and our private health care system (the best in the world). Nobody goes to Canada to be cured from anything' date=' Canucks come here so they won't die waiting for treatment.[/quote']

The life expectancy in Canada is tied for 8th in the world along with Israel, France and Macau; each with a life expectancy of 80.7 years. The U.S. is ranked 38th, right behind Cuba and just ahead of Portugal.

And as an American worker I would like to point out that much of Indiana has been sold to Mexico. The Middle Class is about to be a thing of the past.

Keep on watching Faux News. It's good propaganda.

Perhaps you and I both aspire to be more then Middle Class; however, at the moment that is where I find my self and since I (and others like me) pay all the freaking taxes perhaps we should try to grow more of us who actually pay for the country you live in.

Good luck with that "American dream". I hope we all get there. Perhaps if we take some of the power from the corporations who stole that prospect and returned it to the common man, we could.

"Don't call it Fascism call it Corporatism, that's what it is" Mussolini

Last politically oriented post from me, I swear!...Homz, check this post from another subject to see Liberalism/Progressive politics at work in Ecuador...

So' date=' my SG got another delay... I talked to the store owner today (10 minutes ago) and he didnt exactly say MY GUITAR was delayed... he told me there is a real problem right now with customs and nothing is getting out, at least nothing our every-day-more-comunist government deems a "luxury item", including guitars.

He also told me because of that most guitars comming in after january are going to have a 30% increase in price as they (the commies) are aplying new taxes to everything that comes in, again, specially "luxury items" such as guitars, watches and even swiss made chocolates.

So there's a huge chance my SG will arive with a different price... he told me if it is alright if I dont want her anymore, he is sure it will be sold a week after its hanged on the store...[/quote']

Indeed... they blame everything that is bad on the middle class to rich people... while giving away oil money to the lazy=poor and encouraging them to do as they have for the last couple hundred years: nothing but sit and wait (and blame everything that is wrong on the middle class and rich people... (this could go on and on and on, you get the idea) ).

Those commies say they are doing the country good... and that everything is better now... ok, better for them, they didnt have money to buy a candy bar a couple of years ago... now they are millioneries (after making deals with commie hugo chavez and other a-holes). Of course they will say everything is good... they dont have any investments to lose over a commie government that hates everyone that has a good lifestyle out of hard work.

Rant over. No more politics from me (unless someone else hates commies as much as I do :P )

I have both a Canadian made one for my Standard and a one made in the US for my Premium Plus. The styles on the inside are a little different, but other than that I think they are both well made. But then again, I'm not a touring musician. I guess the ultimate test is to see which one holds up better after a serious beating. And no, I'm not talking about my Republican friends...

Last politically oriented post from me' date=' I swear!...Homz, check this post from another subject to see Liberalism/Progressive politics at work in Ecuador...

[/quote']

Last political post for me too (for now). To presume progress/liberal politics is akin to Communism is the same as me presuming the party of Bush (GOP) is akin to Fascism. I have no love for either Philosophy. I believe in enough regulation to allow everyone to have a chance at success. I believe in The Constitution of the United States of America. I believe in the Bill of Rights (yes, including the 2nd). I believe in the "Pursuit of happiness", and if you can't afford to go to the doctor and get the medical care you need then you are denied that right of "Pursuit".

I would remind those who hate my progressive position or those that are just to young or ignorant to understand it that the communist governments in most of the major countries (I.E..China, Russia, Viet Nam) took power through revolution not regulation.

Well, I am pretty sure that my Bozeman, Montana made Gibson Advanced Jumbo is a Republican guitar, I mean hell, just look at the tobacco burst! No liberal wants anything to do with tobacco other than the taxes smoking generates.

I am not sure about my El Cahon, California made Taylor 612C. Afterall, it was born in the land of "Fruits & Nuts"! #-o But both acoustics tend keep their politics to themselves though as they prefer to just make beautiful music with me......

Now my Eric Clapton Signature Strat is definatly a liberal guitar as it just keeps sucking money out of my income for new gear aquisitions even though I can't justify spending it based on my crappy electric guitar playing.... =D>

All my cases are made in the USA as far as I can tell...... I am guessing they are conservative/republican as they are all about protecting the helpless guitars from evil conditions that could hurt any of them.

Archived