Gibson Guitar Board: CMP800 - Link Error - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMP800 - Link Error

#1 User is offline   Triage 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi I have a customer inquiring about a CMP800 problem with the screen saying LINK ERROR. Any help as to what this may be & how it can be overcome?

Cheers

#2 User is offline   Triage 

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I can almost hear the tumbleweeds blowing by ..... Not much of a help site !

#3 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sounds like they were in the wrong MODE that should have been easily switched in the system menu back to normal. Hope that helps! [thumbup]
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

#4 User is offline   sebgonthier 

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I have the same probleme with one of my CMP 800 link error flash non stop and no button or switch respond other than the on off switch

I'm good probleme solve thanks to my service tech from Eriksonaudio Canada

Let your player on and wait it will start after a while then enter menu and change USB setting from link to midi

Dont Forget to save...

#5 User is offline   sabotagebeats 

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Link mode works fine at first, but after a while the cmp.800 link mode stops working and sometimes eats USB drives abut once a week, fully corrupting all files inside the drive. Once this issue happens then itwill just say " reading ..." forever. Sometimes you can fix the issue by rebooting the cmp.800, but sometimes it is actually corrupted on the disk itself and you need to format the disk and re-copy the files.

#6 User is offline   proaudiotech 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hello,

Do both units do this? Try and see if you can narrow it down to the CMP.800 that is doing it and it might be that unit acting up?
Please note that this is a fan/enthusiast forum - this is not a customer service forum. If you have a customer service issue, please contact the Customer Service dept. Click here for CS contact information..

#7 User is offline   tibursio 

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:36 AM

Hi, I have the same problem. The player flashes 'LINK ERROR' all the time and doesn't react to any button presses (even the Menu one). Is there a way to reset the player to standard factory settings or force reboot it? I dont find anything like that in the manual...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users