Gibson Brands Forums

G7th Nashville capo

ajsc

i have a g7th capo and its awesome!

i dont know if its the model you are talking about but i paid around $40 for mine and its phenomenal.

You have the regular 1. The Nashville model is a lot like a Kyser, except from what I've been told, it doesn't put your guitar out of tune. Less spring pressure? More padding?

I have the regular 1 too. I like it mucho!!

But if you can get a capo for 1/2 the money that works as well,,,,,=P~

You have the regular 1. The Nashville model is a lot like a Kyser' date=' except from what I've been told, it doesn't put your guitar out of tune. Less spring pressure? More padding?

I have the regular 1 too. I like it mucho!!

But if you can get a capo for 1/2 the money that works as well,,,,,=P~ [/quote']

oh i agree totally!

they have great $12 capo...dunlops i think...but my opinion is...if its for my guitar and under $50 im buying it!

i dont care what it is...its mine!

haha

and it also helps that eric clapton plays with one too!

I used to use a kyser.. then I lost it.. (the kyser hurt the neck of the guitar...)...

and then I bought a PlanetWave NS Capo..

Pretty good capo.. but you can't clamp it on the head.... So I lost it..

pretty nice/ easy to use..

This Christmas, the wife will get a shubb capo and put it in the stocking.. So I will see which is better..

I've never used the G7th.. cuz it is far too expensive for me, But one day when I win the lottery I will get one..

I swear by Shubb capos, used them for years. I have an aversion to putting a capo on the headstock of my Gibsons because the rubber padding can sometimes have an adverse affect on the finish if left there over time. I have seen a few guitars over the years with rubber tan stripes on the headstocks from capo wear.

Also beware of guitar stands with vinyl or surgical tubing on the supports. They, too, can have an adverse affect on the nitrocellulose lacquer finish.

Just a thought...

I swear by Shubb capos' date=' used them for years. I have an aversion to putting a capo on the headstock of my Gibsons because the rubber padding can sometimes have an adverse affect on the finish if left there over time. I have seen a few guitars over the years with rubber tan stripes on the headstocks from capo wear.

Also beware of guitar stands with vinyl or surgical tubing on the supports. They, too, can have an adverse affect on the nitrocellulose lacquer finish.

Just a thought...[/quote']

You can't go wrong with a Shubb, I have 1, & though the G7th is a little easier, to use, I would say it's no better, for twice the money!!

The Nashville G7th, caught my eye, & I'm going to give it a try. If I don't like it I'll return it.

I have a regular G7th, and it is pretty good. I still miss my now-broken Johhny Cash sig Dunlop Victor capo though. That was my favourite capo I've ever owned. It lasted over 600 shows and was such a cinch to use. I always clamp my capos on my headstock since I went through 14 Shubbs over a 200 date live run in '04. I kept leaving them on the mic stand boom tilt handle in venues after a whiskey or two...my chosen tipple in those days. My Cash capo stained the binding on my SJ200's headstock a little after a few hundred shows, but I figured Johnny wouldn't have minded mojo like that, so I wouldn't pay it any mind :-)

i just got the regular g7th. I've got to say it's kind of nice. You just set the tension as you when you put it on by squeezing it on. same even clamping power of the shubb but *perhaps* a little easier to put on and a little more of a pain to remove. If you're a happy shubb user this probably isn't going to be a big improvement for you and it cost more than 2x the shubb.

It definitely lets you stay in tune much easier just like the shubb.

If i were only to have a single capo it definitely wouldn't be this one though. It's got this closed spring loaded cam thing that doesn't let you know what's going on. I don't dig on closed.

The kyser and shubb are pretty simple, the shubb is almost elegant. If there's a problem you can see what it is. if this thing breaks you ship it to the company. or to jinder and he'll have to bring it over to them :)

The 'nashville' version looks like it's the same as the kyser and suffers from the same problem. a fixed spring that has no way of adjusting tension based on neck geometry. You can clamp it onto the headstock. I'd stay with the kyser myself.

Archived