Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp!

:oilpit:

Over the last few weeks I have played upwards of 20 Marshall half stacks.

I had it narrowed down to 3 2 Super leads and a JCM800 I was all ready to buy one when another amp caught my eye, a little 18 watt Marshall reissue.

I had to try it, 10 minute later I bought it.

I never knew how AMAZING they were, it's a lot smaller than I was planning on getting but since I don't need 100 watts and 4 speakers that is a good thing.

I'll post pics of the family soon, I'm gonna go play

I paid 1100 dollars for it, which is pretty good because they retail for 2200.

But I have 200 left over from the JVM I sold so what do you think I should get with that?

reverb pedal maybe?

Everybody told me I don't need 100 watts, I just didn't listen to them, but when I hear it myself...wow

I'll take pics and put 'em up this weekend

OBTW

My prents bought me a murcades, but Slash drives a Fereri so I thank that that is the car for me.

Wut do you thnk???

I'm dumb' date=' I didn't say it was a combo so....

It's a combo

but it still rocks[/quote']

A combo? A freakin' combo? YOU SUCK! Now get out of here before I start posting pics of my VOX ... eh... combo.

I really think you should ditch that car and get a winebago. Word on the street is, Jimmy used to go around on one of those.

OBTW

My prents bought me a murcades' date=' but Slash drives a Fereri so I thank that that is the car for me.

Wut do you thnk???[/quote']

Dude, seriously, if you have one learn how to spell it properly or get a BMW instead maybe...and if you want a Ferrari learn how to spell that too..

I'm just glad he doesn't drive a Lamborghini....sorry, i'm just having one of those days today.

Dude' date=' seriously, if you have one learn how to spell it properly or get a BMW instead maybe...and if you want a Ferrari learn how to spell that too..

I'm just glad he doesn't drive a Lamborghini....sorry, i'm just having one of those days today.

[/quote']

We were actually making fun of another thread, man...

Anyway... here's Oilpit's new amp!

Tada!!!

374425.jpg

Congrat' date=' oilpit!

... but isn't going from a JVM combo to an MG kind of a "downgrade ?[/quote']

All those knobby thingies and doo dads scared him.

The JVM 410 is the Flagship of the newer Marshall line up.

And I will have another one, oh yes I will...

All those knobby thingies and doo dads scared him.

The JVM 410 is the Flagship of the newer Marshall line up.

And I will have another one' date=' oh yes I will...[/quote']

I briefly thought about getting a JVM 410... but I think all those knobs and doo dads are useless. (That's right, I said it!) I mean, 12 channels- come on! 2 is all I need, so I'll be happy once I (or, at this rate, if I ever) get my DSL-100.

I'm onboard with oilsh*t; one channel, minimal controls= rocknroll.

If you can get your hands on a rangemaster clone or reissue with the mullard germanium tranny you won't believe your ears with that combo. Mine sounded like stripper sex with my 2061x.

Archived