• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2013 Gibson SG Standards

#61 User is offline   charlie brown 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

View Postsgplayers, on 13 August 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

No I didn't know they still offered it. we were just talking about it and couldn't come up with a recording where we knew of it being used. thought it was a good question for the forum.

Yeah, as far as I know, they only offer the regular "Maestro," on SG's, unless you special
order a Bigsby, or maybe a Floyd Rose? But, I think those would be Custom Shop orders! [tongue]

CB

#62 User is offline   Azzab 

• LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postsg50, on 13 August 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

You can use your volume and tone knobs instead of channels. You can go from warmn tone to sparkle with just the guitar's controls.

Very good point; I watched the Marshall Class 5 demo, and it was controlled with the volume to get the different sounds, very effectively too! The Tubemeister is £200:00 more, but I'm leaning towards BOTH!

I'm just buying the gear on-line, both amps sound great on their demo's, and will sound different here [as I can't play yet] too, they both have great reviews so I doubt I'll go wrong with either [unsure]

I've found a store that gives a 4 year guarantee with everything, so am contemplating buying cash rather than credit if I can, extra peace of mind is worth it :D

I'll make my mind up eventually!

Gibson SG Standard 2013
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36
BOSS ME-70 Effects Pedal

#63 User is offline   Azzab 

• LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, I finally bought the kit: -

• SG Standard 2013 in Heritage Cherry
  • Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 36 Valve Amp
  • BOSS ME-70 Effects Processor

ME-70 is due Tuesday, so I'll post a picture or two next week. I found a minute scratch on the truss rod cover of the SG, (which was replaced), but I also bought another [original part] with the "Standard" logo on, and fitted that; I think it looks better!

Very happy with it all, had a nice surprise with the SG as the company threw in a Korg clip-on tuner, guitar stand, pack of 10 Jim Dunlop picks, Jim Dunlop guitar polish, a learn guitar magazine with CD/DVD [albeit in German!], and a nice lead - for FREE! Very happy :D

Now I'm dedicating as much time as I can to learn, I know quite a few chords, am learning some power chords so I can play/try to play Iron Man and Paranoid [for starters], and am learning various scales, hoping I can get a lot better at these and playing said scales/switching chords comfortably, killing my fingers trying to stretch them, but little steps...!

Gibson SG Standard 2013
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36
BOSS ME-70 Effects Pedal

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users