Gibson Brands Forums

Fret buzz on first fret.

shapizzal

If it buzzes playing a note on the first fret, and only on that fret, there is either a fret that pooped loose, or it has un'even frets. May need a fret level. Either have the guitar exchanged, or if possible, have a warrenteed repair do a fret level and dressing (which would be a great option if they will pay for it, because the guitar would likely be better than what leaves the factory on average).

If it buzzes ON what you think is the first fret when playing an open string, but doesn't buzz anywhere else, the nut is cut wrong. Same solution as above, but having a new nut installed is far cheaper.

Even if you choose to pay for these yourself, be sure to make sure your warrentee stays in place by having an Epi authorized repair guy do it and keeping documentation.

If it "fret(s)" as opposed to ONE fret, it may just need a set-up. Adjustments, as opposed to having something wrong with it.

If it buzzes more when playing the frets toward the nut than it does playing the upper frets, it may need a little more relief of the truss rod adjustment, a little more bow in the neck.

If it "fret(s)" as opposed to ONE fret, it may just need a set-up. Adjustments, as opposed to having something wrong with it.

If it buzzes more when playing the frets toward the nut than it does playing the upper frets, it may need a little more relief of the truss rod adjustment, a little more bow in the neck.

so relatively how much will it cost i wouldnt one to burn my pocket. especially if it cost more than the guitar

so relatively how much will it cost i wouldnt one to burn my pocket. especially if it cost more than the guitar

Adjustments don't cost anything.

Don't these guitars come with any instructions?

Anyway, I might suggest looking up video on the net on how to make adjustments, or set-ups on guitars, or find a freind that knows a how.

Or, if it is a good shop you bought it from, take it there and have them adjust it for you.

If you bought it at GC, there MAY be someone there who knows what they are doing, but usually not. If you bought it on the internet, that's kinda the price you pay for that...as in no support like you would get from a local shop.

Also, if possible, this might be a good opputunity to get in contact with a local shop.

Adjustments don't cost anything.

Don't these guitars come with any instructions?

Anyway, I might suggest looking up video on the net on how to make adjustments, or set-ups on guitars, or find a freind that knows a how.

Or, if it is a good shop you bought it from, take it there and have them adjust it for you.

If you bought it at GC, there MAY be someone there who knows what they are doing, but usually not. If you bought it on the internet, that's kinda the price you pay for that...as in no support like you would get from a local shop.

Also, if possible, this might be a good opputunity to get in contact with a local shop.

Alright just wondering will it get worst if i dont do something about it?. or will it stay the same "buzz-ted"

Alright just wondering will it get worst if i dont do something about it?. or will it stay the same "buzz-ted"

I can only guess on what it MIGHT be over the internet. I don't have the guitar to look at and tell for sure.

Guitars, both playing and maintaining, is a learning process. It sounds like this might be your first one?

If you are inclined, learning about this stuff is worthwhile. So is having poeple to play with and learn from.

That isn't to say you should have to learn how to set up a guitar to learn how to play it.

Again, I stress, you would do well to get SUPPORT from a local shop OR the place you bought it from to be well on your way. Where did you buy this from? do you have a local shop?

I can only guess on what it MIGHT be over the internet. I don't have the guitar to look at and tell for sure.

Guitars, both playing and maintaining, is a learning process. It sounds like this might be your first one?

If you are inclined, learning about this stuff is worthwhile. So is having poeple to play with and learn from.

That isn't to say you should have to learn how to set up a guitar to learn how to play it.

Again, I stress, you would do well to get SUPPORT from a local shop OR the place you bought it from to be well on your way. Where did you buy this from? do you have a local shop?

yes its my first im heading to my local shop once i got the cash bought it 2nd hand and one more question is it okey to leave my guitar on a stand?. or do i need a case for its longevity? if so any case i should look out for which is affordable and good.

Archived