Gibson Brands Forums

Forgetting and relearning

ParlourMan

Do you sometimes forget a piece after not playing it for a while, relearn it but it turns out different from before? never quite the same second time around I suppose :D

Happened to me earlier with Rev Gary Davis' Cocaine Blues. It's turned into Ice-Cream van music....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31G3CXKEjs4

Do you want a flake with that?

Do you sometimes forget a piece after not playing it for a while, relearn it but it turns out different from before? never quite the same second time around I suppose :D

Happened to me earlier with Rev Gary Davis' Cocaine Blues. It's turned into Ice-Cream van music....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31G3CXKEjs4

Do you want a flake with that?

Nice.

Is that a J-45? Vintage sunburst?

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Is that a J-45? Vintage sunburst?

Yes, this one...

167BAD25-E706-4F21-95E5-532553DC502C-3163-00000348322862AF.jpg

4B924D20-7E3A-4582-86DE-EF367A2AED97-3163-000003482CB0BE10.jpg

It's a plain standard, issued to me as a replacement for the damaged Woody Guthrie model I had. I ripped the guard off it on the first day I had it and stuck this guard on instead. It's actually one of the 'Lacey Act' models, the ones with the two piece bridge.

Cheers Nick, yeah it's a cool picking exercise. A bit mutated from its original form I guess but works as a good 'loosener' to avoid the death grip.

nice pickin , makin me think again about swappin the guard on mine .... then no ... then yes

A cheap-as-chips operation and took about 20 minutes from starting to remove the old one to new one being stuck on.

i'll have a 10p slider and a poke in yer darky please

Oooh, upping the ante on the #RetroBanter there BBG.

is the guard just plain black PM ?

still irks me that i cant see my rosette

i'd like a tortoise shell one

Yeah just plain black on this one BBG, toyed with the idea of something a little more upscaled but just went with plain black as I had it sitting here in the house already.

I had a black and a cream one laying around, they definitely came from this side of the water though, but no idea where. I think I've had them longer than I had any Gibson acoustic guitars, but they were sealed and new in my box of bits n bobs... probably an eBay job I reckon as no seller springs to mind directly. Try all parts UK

Archived