Gibson Brands Forums

Fullers Custom J-35

magictwanger

I'm about three weeks away from getting one of these and it will be my first Gibson.I've got a few other very fine guitars in the herd but wonder how many folks have tried this model.Also,how's their quality control these days.From my store experience,they seem to be all over the place.

What brought me to this,was the sudden appreciation of a "good" slope(jumbo).I've recently bought a fabulous Eastman E10-SS,which is a J-45TV clone and is truly amazing....but....I'd like a Gibson J-35 style guitar for the contrast.The Eastman does not quite have the decay I'm after,but is SO versatile in itself,that I love it.....Also,I've been blown away by the Kopp K-35 but the Fullers is much more affordable and looks like the way to go,for me.....I like the vintage Gibsons,but price-wise pretty expensive for the condition I'd need.

I'm committed to the Fullers(gave a nice deposit)and hope it works out for me.I truly hope that it is different enough from my Eastman to warrant having both.

My first post here,so truly the best to all-:)

Welcome aboard.

The guys at Fuller's were extremely helpful and totally upfront when I asked them for info prior to buying a used 1943 SJ Fuller's re-issue, so I imagine that they will be even better when you are buying a new guitar to their spec from them. Certainly in the case of the SJ, they put together a thoughtful combination of features that resulted in a really nice guitar that didn't break the bank.

Archived