Gibson Brands Forums

Polished Nut. No polotics or meaningful conversation at all. Don't worry no polotics in this thread. It's a thought free thread.

Homz

Just wondering?

I have two nuts. One on each of my Gibson's. Great nuts.

If you only have the one nut, then please buy another Gibson. The good news for those of you with only one nut is that in the kingdom of no nuts (Eunuch-dom) you could be a god.

For those who just don't get it. I am making a greater political point by totally avoiding the political point. I just can't talk guitars in a vacuum. It takes context to give the greatest guitars in the world meaning. Life is a big thing and politics are a big part. Or perhaps your thing is the environment, polar bears, or whales.

What ever your thing is. Hell, maybe you want to start a "Homz is a dic* thread". You could tie it to the guitar thing by maybe saying "That homz is a dic* and his guitar playing sucks". Hell I would probably agree with you. Not that my approval is necessary.

Point being; say it with passion!

BTW... i don't get the reference by Blue who referred me to a G blog... what's G?

Giraffe.

Hmm, good advice on that giraffe thing. I was watching "Myth Busters" the other day and they were investigating weather you can polish a turd. One of the crap samples was that of, yes you guessed it a giraffe. Tiny quarter sized little nuggets very polish able. But, are their giraffe blogs and more importantly can a guy like me make it there. I mean If I can make it there I'll make it anywhere. It's up to me giraffe, giraffe.

I love Myth Busters but hate it when they do tame stuff like polishing turds; if those guys aren't using explosives, they're wasting their talents. What they SHOULD have done was blown up some giraffe turds - now THAT would great television.

I have plastic nuts and the really cool roller nut on the new Strat.

Oh... and the obligatory useless pic....

RasberryCharm.jpg

and I should make a derogatory or flaming comment about Homz... but I like the message, so I ain't doing it [-(

Oh... and I Mod PCs... :

Stock Gateway PC

GatewayMod.jpg

GatewayModSideviewDay.jpg

in the dark:

GatewayModsideviewNight.jpg

I put in the windows/trim, UV light kit, UV cables/ties, the web fan, and painted the covers (black, silver, gold)

I also build high end gaming PCs:

Day.jpg

in the dark:

Night.jpg

(that should be sufficiently divergent... O:) )

I love Myth Busters but hate it when they do tame stuff like polishing turds; if those guys aren't using explosives' date=' they're wasting their talents. What they SHOULD have done was blown up some giraffe turds - now THAT would great television.[/quote']

+1 Rich... I especially like seeing Adam and Jamie take out their anger on cement trucks.

I love Myth Busters but hate it when they do tame stuff like polishing turds; if those guys aren't using explosives' date=' they're wasting their talents. What they SHOULD have done was blown up some giraffe turds - now THAT would great television.[/quote']

...you said EXPLOSIVES...

I put in the windows/trim' date=' UV light kit, UV cables/ties, the web fan, and painted the covers (black, silver, gold)

I also build high end gaming PCs:

(that should be sufficiently divergent... [-( ) [/quote']

Man... you should try to build high end studio/recording pcs at a good price... most are highly overpriced.

(a "citriq" costs about 6K)

Nice rig Chanman. I like the cut of your jib. Oh and thanks for not taking the easy shot at my manhood or suggesting I blog elsewhere.

I don't think some people like my avatars, attitudes, obscure references, or politics. It is my hope that some day all people everywhere will like me. That they will see the err of their ways and seek a higher truth. One where all people regardless of the color of their bursts can come together for a grand crescendo something in the key of L. L for love. The kind of love a Custom owner must have for the Standard guys. You know cause if it weren't for us Standard guys and the incredibly awesome sustain of the the Gibson LP Standard that no one would have even herd of a Custom. It chokes me up to think of the Customs and Standards holding hands and singing "We Are the World". Where's Bob Geldoff when you need him?

Sometimes you feel like a nut..... sometimes you don't.

Mine are bone and tusq... (My tusq nut has yellowed over the last 15 years)

And here is the obligitory random photo.... my cat "LeMew" (Named after the hockey great Mario)

PICT4079.jpg

Nice WideAss. Having a WideAss must be helpful if you have multiple nuts. Large hips, wide stance, and a sturdy frame will also help those lucky enough to have multiple nuts. Those (guitars, of coarse) can get a bit heavy.

Nice WideAss. Having a WideAss must be helpful if you have multiple nuts. Large hips' date=' wide stance, and a sturdy frame will also help those lucky enough to have multiple nuts. Those (guitars, of coarse) can get a bit heavy.

[/quote']

Yes... having a Wide *** Soundseat chair allows me to hold my nuts (as well as my guitars) for longer periods of time comfortably. It also allows me to roll across the room to swap nuts whenever I want.

Archived