Gibson Brands Forums

My "new" 1969 J-45

martinclevelandcarie

simply gorgeous man!

and for a very very good price...howd you find it soo cheap??

there was a board earlier about some guy who thought he had a hummingbird but it looked more like a modified epi...most members agreed it was a fake...just to be sure...call gibson with the serial number and have them verify authenticity...i am not trying to be a pain in the a$$...but the price almost seems to good to be true...

good luck with it through regardless!!!!!

there are many here who can certify authenticity. it looks like a real one. sweet, too. that checking pattern is very unusual. fro it, i'm sure you could surmize exactly how it was used, stored etc.... i'd get that crack on the lower bout checked out. i think some of our masters will chime in about that. if it goes all the way through it will need to be cleated as it seems to be in a critical area. that's my very novice opinion but what i gather from what i've learned here so far. nice box, man! very cool.

i already checked the serial number. it's a real 1969 Gibson. my friend is a luthier as well and knows a great deal about gibsons. right place at the right time i guess. thanks for your concern though.

fantastic!

im glad that it is official!!!!!!!

i hate reading about people getting taken by scammers!

[-(

Archived