Gibson Brands Forums

So, am I....

Tim Plains

a Custom Shop snob now...officially?

My LP & SG Standard gone - both Gibson USA guitars.

I'm left with a '56 RI, '58 RI, '59 RI, '62 SG RI, LP Custom, ES-335 - all Gibson Custom Shop.

I've got the American Strat too, but that doesn't count seeing as how it's a Fender.

Anybody seen that episode of Southpark where Kyle's dad buys a hybrid, moves to San Fran and smells his own farts?

That's me now...happy0008.gif...minus the San Fran part - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Do you play all those LPs, Tim? I mean, it's cool if you're mainly into collecting, but do you play much too? I own one Les Paul - a REALLY nice one - but I just haven't felt any urge to buy another one outside of wanting one with a different finish.

Do you play all those LPs' date=' Tim? I mean, it's cool if you're mainly into collecting, but do you play much too? I own one Les Paul - a REALLY nice one - but I just haven't felt any urge to buy another one outside of wanting one with a different finish.[/quote']

+1 in my case its not one with a different finish tho... its one with p90s.

AXE has been awfully nice lately - must have something to do with the holidays...

Rich, they all get played if that's what you mean. I sold the ones I didn't play. It's not because was anything wrong with them, it's just that the ones I've kept are on a different level. I don't keep them for the sake of keeping them and I definitely would not stuff any of them in a closet for 10 years. I tend to play the R8 the most, every second or third day, and rotate the rest. Anywhere from one to six hours a day, depending.

Thunder, you're still an a$$hole. happy0008.gif

Rich' date=' they all get played if that's what you mean. I sold the ones I didn't play. It's not because was anything wrong with them, it's just that the ones I've kept are on a different level. I don't keep them for the sake of keeping them and I definitely would not stuff any of them in a closet for 10 years. I tend to play the R8 the most, every second or third day, and rotate the rest. Anywhere from one to six hours a day, depending.[/quote']

Six hours a day? I wish I was that dedicated to playing!

a Custom Shop snob now...officially?

My LP & SG Standard gone - both Gibson USA guitars.

I'm left with a '56 RI' date=' '58 RI, '59 RI, '62 SG RI, LP Custom, ES-335 - all Gibson Custom Shop.

I've got the American Strat too, but that doesn't count seeing as how it's a Fender.

[/quote']

Well, I think you were a snob already, but this makes you a true sucker for CS guitars...

Anybody seen that episode of Southpark where Kyle's dad buys a hybrid' date=' moves to San Fran and smells his own farts?

That's me now...happy0008.gif...minus the San Fran part - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes! Another South Park fan!!! That episode is hilarious.... I am so starting a thread about this...

I look at it this way...

Some guys have fast sports cars, others have big elaborate home entertainment centers and I have some *****in' guitars. It all depends on what you're into and what sort of toys you want to spend your money on. Life is short - have fun.

I look at it this way...

Some guys have fast sports cars' date=' others have big elaborate home entertainment centers and I have some *****in' guitars. It all depends on what you're into and what sort of toys you want to spend your money on. Life is short - have fun.[/quote']

+1 you know Rich... you think exactly like my fiance...

Really. (She is that supportive of my little GAS problem).

Ok, you think exactly like me too.

Archived