Gibson Guitar Board: Padded gig bag for an Advanced Jumbo. - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Padded gig bag for an Advanced Jumbo.

#1 User is offline   Bob1825 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Looking for a nicely padded gig bag that will fit an advanced jumbo. Can anyone provide recommendations based on your experience ? Thank you!

#2 User is offline   Buc McMaster 

• Outta Here

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Reunion Blues makes perhaps the best of the padded bags for instruments. I used to keep a Martin D28 in one of their all-leather versions.......lightweight, durable and good protection for around town use. Their RB Continental is a excellent bag as well of all-synthetic materials........and a whole lot cheaper than the leather! I have one of those now for my uke and they are very well made and very good protection. Do not, however, expect anyone's gigbag to offer the protection of a hardshell case. If you're on the road I'd not recommend a bag, but if you're doing open mics locally or going to a buddies house to jam they are most excellent. Just don't toss the amp on top in the back of the car!

#3 User is offline   Bob1825 

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Buc McMaster, on 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Reunion Blues makes perhaps the best of the padded bags for instruments. I used to keep a Martin D28 in one of their all-leather versions.......lightweight, durable and good protection for around town use. Their RB Continental is a excellent bag as well of all-synthetic materials........and a whole lot cheaper than the leather! I have one of those now for my uke and they are very well made and very good protection. Do not, however, expect anyone's gigbag to offer the protection of a hardshell case. If you're on the road I'd not recommend a bag, but if you're doing open mics locally or going to a buddies house to jam they are most excellent. Just don't toss the amp on top in the back of the car!

Thank you Buc! I saw the bag you're talking about at gc, it looked like a tank. I'll go check it out again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users