Gibson Brands Forums

Padded gig bag for an Advanced Jumbo.

Bob1825

Reunion Blues makes perhaps the best of the padded bags for instruments. I used to keep a Martin D28 in one of their all-leather versions.......lightweight, durable and good protection for around town use. Their RB Continental is a excellent bag as well of all-synthetic materials........and a whole lot cheaper than the leather! I have one of those now for my uke and they are very well made and very good protection. Do not, however, expect anyone's gigbag to offer the protection of a hardshell case. If you're on the road I'd not recommend a bag, but if you're doing open mics locally or going to a buddies house to jam they are most excellent. Just don't toss the amp on top in the back of the car!

Reunion Blues makes perhaps the best of the padded bags for instruments. I used to keep a Martin D28 in one of their all-leather versions.......lightweight, durable and good protection for around town use. Their RB Continental is a excellent bag as well of all-synthetic materials........and a whole lot cheaper than the leather! I have one of those now for my uke and they are very well made and very good protection. Do not, however, expect anyone's gigbag to offer the protection of a hardshell case. If you're on the road I'd not recommend a bag, but if you're doing open mics locally or going to a buddies house to jam they are most excellent. Just don't toss the amp on top in the back of the car!

Thank you Buc! I saw the bag you're talking about at gc, it looked like a tank. I'll go check it out again.

Archived