Gibson Brands Forums

the cops just came to my house

Well we had the advantage of being able to see the cop car coming down the street from our backyard when we practiced outside. By the time he got to our house our volume was amazingly turned down (he he he), so he couldn't do anything...

A band I was in in high school had that problem, but it was during the day time. All the drummers older than dirt neighbors called the cops on us at like 5 in the afternoon saying it was too loud. So a cop came by with one of those meters that reads the db. To throw him off we played clean, haha.

I hate those kind of ***** neighbors! If there's a problem, be a man/woman and come talk about it. Only get cops involved if there's no other choice.

We had someting like that happen in our neighborhood when I was growing up. The bass player started playing Jaws as the cop was walking up the sidewalk :-$

yep **** happens the one time in my life I walked over to a neighbor behind me that I had never met and told him that they had a dog barking non-stop I told him I put up with it for four hours before I said a word. His wife was really pissed but he was cool and said thanks for just talking to me. Three days later he came by and showed me his german sheppard in his K9 police car. Guess him and the wife were arguing and he locked the dog out back so it wouldn't bite the wife.

He still lives in the same house and has the same dog but the wife is gone and Ive never heard it bark again. I'm lucky my neighbors are really cool and have never complained, I don't abuse it and never play loud after 10pm and I have never gotten up early enough to wake anyone with a guitar.

i was playing the drums' date=' jordan wass playing through the new ampeg stack

the 900 is gone oil-dumb-***, and the 800 is still for sale

thnudergod would have been proud though, right when we finished jamming run to the hills by I.M, we herd em beatin on the garage door[/quote']

You are gonna make me cry ... man... 's not fair...

I hate those kind of ***** neighbors! If there's a problem' date=' be a man/woman and come talk about it. Only get cops involved if there's no other choice.

We had someting like that happen in our neighborhood when I was growing up. The bass player started playing Jaws as the cop was walking up the sidewalk :-$ [/quote']

+1 It's not like they don't know who you are or that there has been trouble with you before. Unless, the one calling the comps was the MINISTER. (whatever happened to that, jesse)

I think they could have talked to you guys first. Calling the cops on you without even trying to talk you into lowering the volume is rude.

Want my oppinion? Gloves are off!

Congrats Jesse, you can't be a real musician until the cops shut you down a few times. I can't count how many times that's happened to us in our younger days. Two quick funny stories, and then I'm signing off.

Once I was playing an anniversary party on a back patio for a lesbian bar (the lesbians really have no place in this story, I just had to throw it in). I see the cops coming down the alley and I que the band into "Somethings Wrong With My Baby", you know, the song written by Issac Hayes made famous by Sam & Dave. So we're playing this soft ballad, and the cop gets out of his car, but doesn't understand why there was a complaint..........

The best one was we were setting up in a field at 2:00 in the afternoon for a 6:00 neighborhood graduation party. Other than the "check , check, check", we never struck a note. The cops showed up before we even played one Fu**ing song. So here we are at 4:00 in the afternoon negotiating with a cop about the musical entertainment that hasn't even struck a note yet.

And on top of all this, The **** that called the cops was invited to the party. He hasn't been seen since.

Archived