Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got my license plate!

Riffster

I almost posted it without erasing the two last numbers but I feel more at peace this way.

I saw a guy getting the number 1000, that's the last number of the first issue anyway.

The only strange thing is that they could not come up with two letters that represent the plate and went for LP (license plate) this is right there with the naming of the Gisbon SG

Had mine on Monday night. Went through Marta last Friday and the wife picked them up for me.

Sweet plates. I even took off the Titans club member frame so it would all show!

Yea, I got the notice a week ago but I had to pick mine downtown and did not have time until today, I also wanted to go to the guitar exhibit which is also downtown.

Yea, I got the notice a week ago but I had to pick mine downtown and did not have time until today, I also wanted to go to the guitar exhibit which is also downtown.

Aye! I saw that... thanks for the heads up on the guitar exhibit!

I almost posted it without erasing the two last numbers but I feel more at peace this way.

I saw a guy getting the number 1000, that's the last number of the first issue anyway.

The only strange thing is that they could not come up with two letters that represent the plate and went for LP (license plate) this is right there with the naming of the Gisbon SG

That is fantastic! I thought it was smudged until I saw this post where you wiped out the last 2 numbers [biggrin]

Duh.

I want one - a plate like that AND a 335 (if that's what it is - could be one of the smaller custom shop jobs).

Does LP stand for Les Paul or license plate?

I'd either contact your local County Clerk or you could email Pam at the Rock and Soul Museum, who spearheaded this effort:

pam at memphisrocknsoul.org

EDit to add:

From the email I got from the director of the Rock and Soul Museum:

" Now, once all your friends and neighbors see your “Music Plate,” and want one of their own… they are now available at any County Clerk’s office."

Sweet! I like the 2112 one too!

Hummmm.... There is a Carolina style of Blues, wounder if North Cacalaky will ever do any thing like this? I believe I've seen some plates at the DMV with music note's on them and of coarse we have the Wright Brother's one and the Smokey Mountains one but nothing like this. Very cool!

Archived