Gibson Brands Forums

My J45 does not like DR Sunbeam strings.

michaeljohnr

I strung my J45 with DR Sunbeams today and it does not really like them.

The JP PB's I had on sounded really nice, almost piano like but the SB's are very bass heavy.

This guitar likes JP PB's, and Martin Lifespans.

I've a set of bone pins on the way and will stick them in there before I give up on the SB's.

It's strange how a guitar will react like that.

Though I finally settled on Dunlop 80/20 12's on my J45, I have to say the best, and most expensive string had the most consistent and long lasting balance. They were quiet, but I'd recommend giving these a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomastik-Infeld-Spectrum-Bronz-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-/190761514651?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c6a45b69b

Though I finally settled on Dunlop 80/20 12's on my J45, I have to say the best, and most expensive string had the most consistent and long lasting balance. They were quiet, but I'd recommend giving these a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomastik-Infeld-Spectrum-Bronz-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-/190761514651?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c6a45b69b

Yeah, the TI's are great strings and in a different league. However like JP's they last for me about a week before the low E and A strings start going tootally dead.

They are super pricey in the US but given they are made in Austria pretty affordable for us here over the border here in Czech Repbulic.

Yeah, the TI's are great strings and in a different league. However like JP's they last for me about a week before the low E and A strings start going tootally dead.

They are super pricey in the US but given they are made in Austria pretty affordable for us here over the border here in Czech Repbulic.

What'r you using man, metal picks? I pulled mine at about the six month mark just on principal, but they could have gone longer. I'm almost deaf in one ear...maybe that's my bass side.

Archived