Gibson Brands Forums

Kramer sm-1

molly

Hello everyone. I am hoping someone out there can help.!! I am in the uk and have searched and moved mountains trying to find a kramer sm-1 in transparent black for my partner as a surprise. I have had no luck what so ever. I have spoken to a guy from gibson europe who had a look on his computer and told me that kramer is not a big name guitar in the uk and only 4 sm-1's have been shipped over here in the last 12 months. He said nowhere would have any in stock and if i order through my local guitar retailer it could take 6 months or longer and then there was no guarantee. I have had a look on a few sights in the usa but none ship to britain. Does anyone have any ideas or no of anywhere that would be willing to ship over here.?? I would be very grateful for any help. thank very much.

• 1 year later...

Hi Molly,

Just got a brand new SM-1 in gloss black (I don't know if that's "transparent black"). Super guitar!!! My brother has the original 80s Stagemaster (in red - almost iridescent) that I've been playing for a while. This is the best SuperStrat ever (IMHO); that's why I have committed to the SM-1. However, I decided I'd rather get the white one (which, appearance wise, doesn't really thrill me either [bored] ). Sure wish they had the red, or the blue, from that era. [-o<

If you are interested, email me at the address in my profile. I'm not sure what's involved in sending it out of the country, but if you have any experience, let me know.

Now for my rant:

Just black or white?! Come on Gibson, this is a great guitar - give us some color! :angry: Kramer is YOUR brand now. You don't have to dumb it down for fear of competition. It won't offend in-house loyalty to make this brand better than another brand that you carry. Brand loyalty means making ALL of your brands great! No matter which one rises to the top, you still make money! This is your best SuperStrat and will attract business that Gibson may not have otherwise garnered. Thinking that it's not worth developing because numbers are low is self-fulfilling - numbers will be low so long as your product is under-developed. You almost didn't get my business with the paltry choices you offer, and I'm sure you missed other business because of this.

• 3 months later...

Just black or white?! Come on Gibson, this is a great guitar - give us some color!

Most of Kramer guitars have poor colour selection, and in many cases there is only one or two colours for given guitar model

and pickups configuration. There should be more variety, which would surely result in more guitars sold.

Archived