Gibson Brands Forums

How good are you?

Flight959

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging on purely technique I would only give myself about a 5 or 6.

If I have to compliment myself, I would say my strength is in imrpovising and playing with other musicians. I try to know when to play and when not to play. Use dynamics and volume, accenting certain notes or chords, use up-strokes or maybe finger pick certain parts. Little things like that to enhance the song.

BTW, I think the original idea is pretty good, to have us all make a recording of the same song. Not so much to see who's better than who, but to see everyones different interpretation of the material.

Really it doesn't matter how good I am. As I remind the rest of the band every weekend. I own all the equipment. Including the drums, bass, and PA system. Fortunately for me the other 3 or sometimes 4 members of our band are exceptional musicians.

I'm good enough that I've only been playing for 2 years and people think I've played for my whole life... does that count?

Oh' date=' and I can also do a mean cover of SRV's "Little Wing"... [/quote']

I vote for LITTLE WING. I wanna hear this mean cover.

I know I'll throw mine on here.[-o</

The general opinion seems to be "Im good until someone better than me see's me play". What I might thinks sounds good to me, may sound rubbish to someone else...

I have a firm belief that If there is a piece of music a riff or solo you really want to play then that person can play it if they work hard enough towards learning it.. "Most" of the art is in writing the music in the first place...

Regards

Flight959

being more of a lead guitarest i would have to give myself over 9000 XP

actually i dont really know, probably a 3-4. but just going on how good i am for not even been playing a year i would say 7 or 8. i really like the idea of playing something and pousting the vids here so we can see what every one is like too. i think we should have one solo or something that we are supposed to learn though. i think we should have some song be hendrix or something that we should learn so that we could do some improvisation so we can see what everyones styles is really like. cause if we all just learn the same thing we will all sound the same and we can just be like "oh we are all so great! i think we are actually all 10s!"

Oh by the way its a subjective thing but put a track up its a way of communicating without BS.

Me 1 to 10 well lets say Georgie porgie pudding and pie kissed the girls and made them cry.

Numbers are just that I like that connect thing' date=' why wait till the new year people on that WII thing play golf together miles away you know why not just post to a link of some of your playing. I think your english too so stiff upper lip man get on with it!!

[/quote']

I only lived in England for 1 1/2 years so I could be wrong, but I think this sounds like a challenge to someone... " I think your english too so stiff upper lip man get on with it!!"

Archived