Gibson Brands Forums

How good are you?

Flight959

Guys!

On a scale of 1-10 with Ten being the best and one the worst, where is your Standard of playing??

Anyone fancy a play off competition after Christmas? You all have nice guitars but can you make them sing?

A piece maybe a solo or a riff to play is announced then members have to learn it...then members post Youtube/myspace type clips of them playing.... Its open to EVERYONE gig monsters and Beginners....

I'd put myself around the 5 mark...

What do you reckon ladies!!

Regards

Flight959

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think of playing as a competition but I consider myself to be good but not great. My brother describes my style of being like a cross between The Black Crows and Black Flag so, while I play rock and roll, I have zero issues with throwing in a bunch of dissonant noise when applicable which some might consider to be garbage but it's intentional "garbage."

On a scale of 1 to 10.....

Where 10 is like, Cooder/Hendrix/Clapton/Beck/King/King/King/Lee etc etc

Where 1 is like, a tone deaf guy with boxing gloves on playing a banjo.

I'm about minus (pi-squared).....

But bring it on - a little public humiliation won't hurt me, might do me some good.

Do we get to do the arrangement?

I would say 3... people that know me would probably say 7... drunk people in the audience will most surely say 11, but they would judge my playing by the fact that I have a 5 guitar stand on stage, with 5 guitars and play a Gibson. Of course when I still had my guitar god long hair they would have said "that guy plays better than brian may and jimmy page toghether... let's give him a 20"

Guys!

On a scale of 1-10 with Ten being the best and one the worst' date=' where is your Standard of playing??

Anyone fancy a play off competition after Christmas? You all have nice guitars but can you make them sing?

A piece maybe a solo or a riff to play is announced then members have to learn it...then members post Youtube/myspace type clips of them playing.... Its open to EVERYONE gig monsters and Beginners....

I'd put myself around the 5 mark...

What do you reckon ladies!!

Regards

Flight959

[/quote']

Any ideas on the piece to be attempted? And would a sound bite do? Vids can be a pain.

Oh yea. Since I haven't gigged in about 7 years, my skills have really suffered, so I'd say I'm in the 3-4 range. There was a time I could pick up a song on the fly, but, age and lack of time to practice takes it's toll.

The bassists of the world would be shocked by the modesty of the guitarists on this forum. And I'll have to answer that question with a quote --Hound Dog Taylor~ "When I die they'll say: He couldn't play sh!t but he sure made it sound good" And maybe I only make it sound good when I'm in the zone--and I'll have to admit to being very limited, I can play some blues, folk, and a bit of rock n' roll, but that's as far as I'll stretch

I am the illegitimate child of Axe and Tim' date=' so you [i']know[/i] I've got the goods.

I get all my good skillz0rzzz from daddy Axe's side though.

eeewwwww!! does that mean like Tim is your mom?

Now thats gross

Archived