Gibson Guitar Board: SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!) - Gibson Guitar Board

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!) Track Gain, Playlist Resort and Preview!!

#1 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Stanton Ambassadors
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Greetings SCS.4DJ users this is GPA-DJ editing Drew's Post.
Since this has so many views and positive feedback and good suggestions i could not delete or hide this post so i decided to edit it...
Fo those of you looking for the Version 4 of the SC-IX firmware for your SCS.4DJ please look here
SC-IX Firmware V4

Enjoy!

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that I am posting the SCS.4DJ SC-IX V4.0 update today. There are a lot of important features that many working DJ's have requested, and we tried to get in a good selection for the release. The big changes are that we have Track Gain and Active Playlist Resort, but there are a fair number of other goodies there as well. Here is the full changelog:

1) Add gain knobs – The NAV wheel can now act as a gain knob.  When BACK is pressed and held gain on deck A is adjusted.  When ENTER is pressed and held gain on deck B is adjusted.  Gain is a setting on top of the initial Auto Gain level for added flexibility. Gain adjustment ranges from -12db to +6db.  Adjusted gain values are saved with the track so that when that track is loaded again it automatically applies the previously saved gain adjustment.  When the gain is being adjusted with the NAV wheel a pop-up occurs that shows the db value as it is adjusted.  The pop-up is removed when the back or enter buttons are released.
2) Added a Display Setting in the Settings menu that specifies whether the VU meters are used for Master Out (default) or Deck A, B meters.  The clip LEDs are also inverted so that if displaying A,B VU meters the clip LEDs are for Master Out.
3) When displaying the contents of a Playlist the # column has been removed and an Artist column has been added.
4) The Shuffle soft Tab has been changed to Resort in the active playlist screen.  This presents the user with the ability to resort the songs in the active playlist that have not been played or are currently loaded to a deck.  The sort options are title, artist, bpm, time and shuffle.
5) Additional pitch slider ranges of +/-8% and +/-15% have been added.
7) On the track information screen obtained by hitting the enter button from any browse list a Preview soft tab is added.  Press the Preview button to hear the selected song in the headphone only.  Press the Preview button again to stop the Preview.  The preview stops automatically after 30 seconds or at the end of a song.  Selecting a different song then hitting Preview again will cancel the previous song’s preview and preview the new song.  The Preview tab highlights red when the Preview path is active.
-Former- Stanton Product Manager
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#2 User is offline   Darth 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Wow ! Posted Image
Thanks!

#3 User is offline   veks 

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Woooow!!!
I have my mouth open, so many useful things in one update? Very good work, song preview? Vu meters?
I will spread only the best words about SCS.4DJ here in Czech Republic.
Thanks a lot!

The only bad thing about this is that i will go to bed late, because i am going to download and install it now and trying everything :D (It´s 10 p.m.)

#4 User is offline   voc1967 

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Im new here but thanks very much for this update .

#5 User is offline   Professorbx 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Stanton Ambassadors
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postvoc1967, on 23 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Im new here but thanks very much for this update .

No problem. And, as always, the best is yet to come.
-Former- Stanton Product Manager
"Mixer Mechanic"
Resident Geek

#6 User is offline   Rossko 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Just amazing [thumbup]

#7 User is offline   veks 

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have a problem with song preview :( It is possible only in playlist screen, which is not much useful for me. I am used to search songs with USB keyboard and I need song preview mainly on screen with search results, better immediately, not after pressing enter button. There is one empty button on right side.
Is this possible in future best is yet to come? :)

THX.

I don't want this to look like I am not happy with new update. It is very big step forward and I like your unstoppable support!

#8 User is offline   Bundie 

• LocationFrom B-More residing in Laurel Md.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the update. Great piece of gear and great support.

#9 User is offline   Rossko 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I just want, "Artist" position before "Title" Always first is the artist, and then the name of the song (title) example: "INLAND KNIGHTS - DA SUNLUNGE" (artist-title) not "DA SUNLUNGE - INLAND KNIGHTS"(The name of the song and after the name of the artist) This confuses me a lot I hope I'm not mistaken. Everything else is great :)

#10 User is offline   alessiogennaro 

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Oh my god, i can't believe it !!!!!! I'm very happy because Stanton developers work strongly to improve more functions For US. This make me happy and incite me to buy Stanton products. Thanks so much, and let's test :-)

#11 User is offline   DjDoc 

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Awesome freaking update!!! Sooooooo glad I decided to buy this!!

#12 User is offline   BaZe 

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostProfessorbx, on 23 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thanks to Professorx and his team, for keep working on sweet updates !! =D>

#13 User is offline   movement19 

• LocationOcean County NJ

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Great update. I would ask for 2 things for a 4.2 update. an option that allows you to make the 3 eq knobs on each channel low, high, gain instead of having to use the center jog one channel at a time you'd be able to manipulate your gain in real time as you mix. some of us can deal with a 2 band eq. also when your in the browser and you load a track into deck a or b it shouldn't switch to you waveforms by default it should stay in the browser and let you decide when you're ready to switch windows.

unfortunately i've had to get an rma and fed ex is picking up my scs.4 tomorrow to have the pitch on deck a serviced. look forward to the update upon its return.

#14 User is offline   veks 

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postmovement19, on 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Great update. I would ask for 2 things for a 4.2 update. an option that allows you to make the 3 eq knobs on each channel low, high, gain instead of having to use the center jog one channel at a time you'd be able to manipulate your gain in real time as you mix. some of us can deal with a 2 band eq. also when your in the browser and you load a track into deck a or b it shouldn't switch to you waveforms by default it should stay in the browser and let you decide when you're ready to switch windows.

unfortunately i've had to get an rma and fed ex is picking up my scs.4 tomorrow to have the pitch on deck a serviced. look forward to the update upon its return.

The second is possible even with factory firmware, in the settings go to jump on load and set off!
Maybe reading manual first is better sometimes :)

#15 User is offline   Matthewamoore 

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

any change to the midi channel u have to use for traktor??? still midi channel 2 right? im having problems getting it workin after this update...

#16 User is offline   Ishfaq 

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Wow, great update, good job guys. Currently away from home so can't check this yet though, arrrrggghhhh!

#17 User is offline   DJ PC Board 

• 20 Years of DJ PC Board
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Yeah!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Great support from STANTON!!

Updates, updates updates... ;)

I only need updates for QUICKGRID software, options to scan HDD installed in the SCS4DJ without to release it from the unit, options to merge databases of different disks without losing the settings in the songs, and more speed of analysis... view waveforms, Hot cues, and other settings we can make in the SCS4DJ in the QUICKGRID too!!

Thank's again for this big Update!!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   supermel311 

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostProfessorbx, on 23 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the continued support. Looking forward to the future updates as well.

#19 User is offline   Bejohny 

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Awesome work guys, great to see you bringing the unit to the next level every time!!!

#20 User is offline   DjLush 

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the update!!!!!!

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users