Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Locked Topics What the heck?!

#1 User is offline   bobf_Sangiovese 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm seeing a lot of locked topics. Some of them I would like to participate in, but I can't.

The strange thing is that other posts continue to be added to the locked topics.

WTH am I missing?
DISCLAIMER: If the post this is under appears to be my opinion or advice, ignore the post. My opinions aren't any better than anyone else's opinions and I'm not qualified to give advice. In fact, if I posted an opinion or offered advice it is likely because of boredom or temporary insanity. Occasionally I will post something that appears to be an opinion or advice, but in reality it is a thinly veiled quip or bit of sarcasm. There are times that demons, gremlins or even darker creatures use my ID and password to post here. I'm not sure how they get my password as I change it frequently. Thankfully this only happens rarely.

6th Anniversary ('99) Gibson Historic Reissue '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
'07 Gibson LP Studio VM, worn cherry
Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus
Peavey AT200, CA Red
Yamaha A3M
Blackstar HT5RH + Acoustic 4x12
Bugera V22
Digitech RP1000
THR10 <--- Very cool little box!

#2 User is offline   AXEŽ 

• Six String Soldier

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

You need 10 posts to get into some areas. Like the lounge.
Posted ImageDon't Quote Me.

#3 User is offline   bobf_Sangiovese 

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostAXE®, on 28 January 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Awesome - arbitrary ....... - I love it!
DISCLAIMER: If the post this is under appears to be my opinion or advice, ignore the post. My opinions aren't any better than anyone else's opinions and I'm not qualified to give advice. In fact, if I posted an opinion or offered advice it is likely because of boredom or temporary insanity. Occasionally I will post something that appears to be an opinion or advice, but in reality it is a thinly veiled quip or bit of sarcasm. There are times that demons, gremlins or even darker creatures use my ID and password to post here. I'm not sure how they get my password as I change it frequently. Thankfully this only happens rarely.

Peavey AT200, CA Red
Yamaha A3M
Bugera V22
Digitech RP1000

#4 User is offline   CustomerService 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postbobf8332, on 28 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Awesome - arbitrary ....... - I love it!

Glad you like it!

Please note "The Gibson forums are intended for users of all ages, please take this into consideration when posting and use common sense and don't post explicit profanity."
Gibson Customer Service
1-800-4GIBSON
service@gibson.com

Sign up now to receive the latest news from Gibson http://www.gibson.com/emailsignup.aspx

#5 User is offline   bobf_Sangiovese 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostCustomerService, on 29 January 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Glad you like it!

Please note "The Gibson forums are intended for users of all ages, please take this into consideration when posting and use common sense and don't post explicit profanity."

Sorry 'bout that. Thanks for converting to a G rating for me.

Peavey AT200, CA Red
Yamaha A3M
Bugera V22
Digitech RP1000

#6 User is offline   helric1 

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostAXEŽ, on 28 January 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Is that new? I posted a question in the lounge once before but now I can't. I actually wanted to continue with my previous post but it was locked.

#7 User is offline   gratedmb21 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

I noticed some of my recent threads have been deleted by Admin. I can assume because of my rant towards their Customer Service department; not the WHOLE department, but one individual.

#8 User is offline   luckycanine 

• LocationNear Corpus Christ, Tx

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postgratedmb21, on 03 May 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

I noticed some of my recent threads have been deleted by Admin. I can assume because of my rant towards their Customer Service department; not the WHOLE department, but one individual.

So, where can newbies post in order to gain full access/post in other areas?

#9 User is offline   L5Larry 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postluckycanine, on 09 May 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

So, where can newbies post in order to gain full access/post in other areas?

In any of the "product" specific categories. I believe the only "restricted" areas are the Lounge and the Trading Post.

#10 User is offline   dustymars 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLake Placid, Florida

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Why was my post deleted? All I asked was, "many threads are locked, blah, blah" and I would like to know why so many are locked out. The posts read friendly and interesting; however, one may want to reply, but with so may lock outs one wonder why this forum exists. Typical Internet with typical childish mods playing games, huh?

#11 User is offline   bobf_Sangiovese 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

I started this topic on my second or third attempt at replying to something I thought interesting.

Once I had reached the arbitrary, but required post count, I have had zero locked thread problems. In fact, I can't recall having even seen a locked thread in A Long Time.

Mods have a tough gig. They'll always be seen as too strict by some, not strict enough by others and Just Right by very few. Their thankless roles are very much necessary.

I've found this forum to have a relatively high signal-to-noise ratio compared to others. This is in large part due to the efforts of the underappreciated mods.

Peavey AT200, CA Red
Yamaha A3M
Bugera V22
Digitech RP1000

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic