Gibson Brands Forums

2013 Gibson SG

Voodoo Monkey

Yeah it is 8.2 lbs with the case and guitar coming in at 16.8 lbs. I can't imagine my scale being off 3 times in a row and showing 8.2 lbs for the guitar each time. It doesn't feel all that heavy but it is perfectly balanced even with a cheapo Ernie Ball nylon strap it stays exactly where I put it. Maybe that extra weight in the body is keeping the neck in check haha.

I guess that is a good trade off. With the same cheap nylon strap I have on my 61 RI, if I let go of the neck it Dives Dives Dives. Always gotta be careful what's around me as I can see the neck banging into tables and chairs if I'm not careful.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful guitar and very nice job playing it.

I like the feeling that was in it throughout the song. many guitarists, myself included ,want to blow it out in the first thirty seconds and it was nice you took you time yet held some nice lines to the very end...very nice

oh the "57" s really do it for me to, but theres no going back...lol

tom

Beautiful guitar and very nice job playing it.

I like the feeling that was in it throughout the song. many guitarists, myself included ,want to blow it out in the first thirty seconds and it was nice you took you time yet held some nice lines to the very end...very nice

oh the "57" s really do it for me to, but theres no going back...lol

tom

Thank you very much Tom. I had an SG Standard I got a couple years back but when I saw the new ones had 57's I sold my other one and got this. I have 57's in two LP Traditionals and a 335. They are my favorite pickups.

Hello Chris! I agree too! '57 Classics are the ultimate pickups. With a pair of new PIOs they open up a bit even more. [thumbup] Cheers... Bence

Hi Bence. I love the 57's. On my LP Traditionals they have a classic plus in the bridge which sounds great. On my 335 they are both regular 57's as with this SG. I love those PUPs. [biggrin]

spectacular new SG !! Gibson '57 Classics my favourites too, best humbuckers ever made :) have 'em on my Sheraton & new Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus

thanks for sharing your NGD with us

You have a new LP Stella????? How did I miss this? You'll have to send me pictures.

Chris

I sold my Older Ebony Standard SG to get the new one. When I saw the new ones came with 57 Classics I was so happy, seems like a 61 Reissue. I got this a couple weeks back after I sold my older SG. Really fun playing guitar and it just ROCKS! I'm playing it through a Carl Martin Plexitone then into an Echotone then into the return on my Fender Ht Rod Deluxe bypassing the preamp section of the amp. Here is a little video of the new SG. I love this guitar! [woot]

Very Tasteful.Thanks for sharing.

Archived