Stanton scs 4dj on pc with Traktor
Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:26 PM
You can, you just need to use an external soundcard. The MIDI portion works just fine.
Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:46 AM
Your laptop counts as a soundcard that you can use. Stanton never said that the SCS.4DJ was a soundcard.
Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 PM
but I want to clarify that I am very happy with my scs.4dj and in addition also to thank you for that day to day you doing even better. just if that were possible ...... would be amazing.
Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:17 PM
Any respectable DJ software, including VDJ, allows individual mapping for all sound channels & MIDI controllers.
Here's the breakdown of how it's done:
1) Stanton SCS.4DJ Turns into your mappable MIDI output device in this mode.
2) Select your output sound card (Ie. the internal laptop sound card.)
3) Select your secondary sound card (Ie. The USB dongle type one that cost you TEN BUCKS on Amazon. This is for headphone preview.)
4) Plug your mains into the internal laptop output. You may need an adapter obviously.
5) Plug your headphones into the USB card for PFL. This may require an adapter as well.
You require 4 channels of total output and have a mic input already on the internal. The USB dongle types on Amazon are cheaper than dirt and add a whopping 1.5" footprint sticking out the side of the lappy. Ten dollars is not a massive investment if you seriously want to lug around a laptop to do the job the SCS is already designed to do. Don't let what you see as a hassle discourage you, it's really simple to use it this way.
An example of the additional 2 channel dongle type: