Gibson Brands Forums

Best multi guitar stand for Flying V

Rick Doeschler

Question: When I play out, I always take 2 or more guitars. I use a multi stand- the Warwick Rockstand RS3 (for 3 guitars). My problem is that a V won't fit or sit on it. I need a multi stand but can't find one that is compatible to the V's other than a single stand. Anyone using a multi guitar stand that will fit Les Paul's and V's that have modified there's to a allow a V to safely fit?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

WRD

I am sorry, I confused the two. I have a rockstand which will not work that well for a V, keep my SG/LPs on there.

This is a Road Runner stand/case I have that works great. Holds the Firebird/RDs/V. Maybe hard to tell but the support for the neck is in the middle of the guitar so the V stands on its legs straight up, works great. Quick search and found on AMS - AMS - Road Runner Case - I got this for half of what they want a couple of years ago though...shop around and wait for a sale.

DCBC2459-FA83-4B20-A1BD-7C3913FCC142-895-000000208B158A60_zpsac3bf756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use a hercules triple stand. works great for short to moderate periods of time. Downsides are that it takes up a ton of room and althought the foam is supposed to be lacquer safe, leaving a lacquered guitar on the stand for too long may cause the laquered to eventually flow away from where it contacts the stand and wrinkle a little. (lesson: I don't leave them on the stand for long periods of time anymore and I periodically rolld the padded parts to turn the flattened foam away formt he guitar.) Before anyone says something like "play your guitars more" I play them every day. It's a triple stand, so inevitably I'll have more than one hanging and sometimes one of them would hang for a while (weeks and weeks) if I was in the mood to play the other one(s).

I am sorry, I confused the two. I have a rockstand which will not work that well for a V, keep my SG/LPs on there.

This is a Road Runner stand/case I have that works great. Holds the Firebird/RDs/V. Maybe hard to tell but the support for the neck is in the middle of the guitar so the V stands on its legs straight up, works great. Quick search and found on AMS - AMS - Road Runner Case - I got this for half of what they want a couple of years ago though...shop around and wait for a sale.

DCBC2459-FA83-4B20-A1BD-7C3913FCC142-895-000000208B158A60_zpsac3bf756.jpg

I have a stand kinda like this but the whole shebang folds into a briefcase - mine also works great with my V even though it doesn't have straps to secure the neck. Happy hunting.

Archived